The Most Entertaining Player

Who is the most entertaining Ram you have witnessed playing.?

• Ro Lamb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bernard Hopkins

• Phil Stennie

• Kendrick Warren

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Willie Taylor

• Eric Maynor

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Bri Weber

Votes: 79 62.2%
  • Mo Alie-Cox

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Although Kendrick is the most exciting player I ever saw at VCU (Bri being right there) I hope people don't forget about how good, night in and night out, as was Bernard Hopkins. He was one of those freak of nature athletes that was coupled with incredible skill and strength. He could handle the ball, finesse his defender or go right through him. He played JUCO at Hagerstown (Md) JC and was here only two years, but what an impact. Sonny recruited him to play in the rough and tumble Metro Conference but Bernard ended up playing in the CAA, where he was a man among boys.

He often rebounded the ball, dribbled the length of the court, juked his defender and went in for the high percentage shot. Or just as often would pull up for a short to medium range jumper. Just a helluva a lot of fun to watch, unless you were an opponent. I hope he is doing well.

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
Although Kendrick is the most exciting player I ever saw at VCU (Bri being right there) I hope people don't forget about how good, night in and night out, as was Bernard Hopkins. He was one of those freak of nature athletes that was coupled with incredible skill and strength. He could handle the ball, finesse his defender or go right through him. He played JUCO at Hagerstown (Md) JC and was here only two years, but what an impact. Sonny recruited him to play in the rough and tumble Metro Conference but Bernard ended up playing in the CAA, where he was a man among boys.

He often rebounded the ball, dribbled the length of the court, juked his defender and went in for the high percentage shot. Or just as often would pull up for a short to medium range jumper. Just a helluva a lot of fun to watch, unless you were an opponent. I hope he is doing well.

Loved Bernard, but I would describe him as skilled, strong, and very efficient player. He was consistent, he was good. The one thing I would never associate with him is "Most Entertaining" when you put him next to some of the high excitement guys we have enjoyed. Just my opinion, but I concur on your description of his talents.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
Most energetic and GOAT defender was Bri
Most electrifying and GOAT dunker was Kendrick
Most all around Phil & Brad
Most under-appreciated bucket filler was Chris
Most dramatic and memorable was Eric
Most dominating when he put it all together was Larry
Most successful career was Gerald
Most dominating scorer in the post was Hopkins
Most deflating to an opponent when he got hot was Troy (in big games was The Mayor)
Most acrobatic under 6'8" Willie/Freddie
Most over-rated crowd pleaser based on numbers and being a bench warmer Andy Black
Most energetic bench player Dougie
Most over-performed in all aspects of a sport Tre
Most under-the-radar on a team Sherron
Most overweight Randy

Where's Danny and Joey? Two of the more exciting Rams we have ever had!

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Most deflating to an opponent when he got hot was Troy (in big games was The Mayor)
Most over-rated crowd pleaser based on numbers and being a bench warmer Andy Black
Most overweight Randy

Don't forget the Master of the Pump Fake..... TJ Gwynn :lol:

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

mglitos

Top Member
Insider
May 11, 2009
Most overweight Randy

Now this is a list I can get behind. (Side note: choosing between Kendrick and Briante is like choosing between a free lunch, or a free lunch.)

Highest sock-to-leg ratio: Chris Brower
All Airport Team: Bruce Pettway, Renardo Dixon, Konstantin Pepileiv, Dub Davis, Terrance Saintil
The Velvet Steamroller: Ty McCoy
Favorite Player When I Was On Campus: Phil Stinnie
Rumored to have done tax return for coach: Martin Henlan
We've remade the program, AKA grad transfers are OK, AKA I didn't realize this: there were 9 juco/community college transfers on the 1996-97 team.
Loved him then, love him now: Lionel Bacon
Smooth as a baby's bottom: Mike Doles
Super nice kid, put in a tough situation: Kevin Moore
If I had half his inner strength, I'd be twice as successful: Calvin Roland
Most wonderful grandmom of player that I met: BA Walker

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Ah yes - Chris "gotta-be-the-socks" Brower. Never saw a 3-point shot that he didn't like. Can you imagine the games if he & Andy Kennedy had played at the same time? It would've been fun to see the two of them go head-to-head!

I remember him shooting a three pointer on the run from below his knees!

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
Now this is a list I can get behind. (Side note: choosing between Kendrick and Briante is like choosing between a free lunch, or a free lunch.)
Rumored to have done tax return for coach: Martin Henlan

We are talking Pollio? That might have been entertaining watching the English man fill out the coach's 1040EZ.