The Offense

May 4, 2012
I agree with this for the most part. The thing I didn't understand v. RI was why did Mike finally go to this lineup when we were down 6 or more in the closing minutes in desperate need of 3 point shooting??? At that point, Corey and MSS on the court together didn't make any sense.
I'm guessing 2nd chance points off rebounds

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
I was hoping he would let Corey shoot a three...he was not being followed out to arc...he got the ball top of the key ( where he has pulled the trigger from before) all alone and never looked at the basket...turned it over instead

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
I was hoping he would let Corey shoot a three...he was not being followed out to arc...he got the ball top of the key ( where he has pulled the trigger from before) all alone and never looked at the basket...turned it over instead
No but IV took two wide open shots and bricked both. SMH....

Nov 19, 2019
When I posed the question a few weeks ago on how long before Bones starts, I had no idea who he would replace or when but it has come sooner than I expected, mainly because he has adapted so well to the speed of D 1 ball. He is on the verge of dominating a game real soon. COOL KAT!

Reactions: I4one

I4one

Top Member
Apr 29, 2017
I want to remain positive about this team, but something seems off to me.
Could it be that the other teams are better? The other teams execute their offense better? They are prepared to defend a VCU squad that hasn’t adjusted?
Could it be that this team is not as good as we thought it should be? The players are giving it everything they have, so if it isn’t working we need to make some changes. Anything to rattle the mental blocks, both players and coaches. Have we become a one trick pony?
I’ve not played at any level but I understand process. On offense we are not moving. Too much standing around waiting on someone else to make it happen. Change the rules. Next game no 3 shots. Only elbow in. Challenge the players in different ways. It’s more than shots not falling. Right now it seems to be chemistry and maybe coaching. One or both.

You posters who have played have ideas about what needs to be done. Coach has email. Send them in.

Reactions: Celticguy

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Could it be that the other teams are better? The other teams execute their offense better? They are prepared to defend a VCU squad that hasn’t adjusted?
Could it be that this team is not as good as we thought it should be? The players are giving it everything they have, so if it isn’t working we need to make some changes. Anything to rattle the mental blocks, both players and coaches. Have we become a one trick pony?
I’ve not played at any level but I understand process. On offense we are not moving. Too much standing around waiting on someone else to make it happen. Change the rules. Next game no 3 shots. Only elbow in. Challenge the players in different ways. It’s more than shots not falling. Right now it seems to be chemistry and maybe coaching. One or both.

You posters who have played have ideas about what needs to be done. Coach has email. Send them in.
The coaches dont need our help, they have it covered.

Reactions: PRock and Ramdog

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010

🤔

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Simms, Curry and Williams are a combine 1 for 26 in our last two loses. I'm going to Email Mike and ask him to have our players make more baskets
Great idea Ramdog! I’m sure Mike will appreciate your insightful suggestion, just as he does all the other recommendations he receives from this board😄

Reactions: Ramdog