The Offical VCU Men's and Women's Tennis Thread

VAHills

Elite Member
Insider
She's clutch. One win away from the National Championship match. Incredible.
I think when she was up 4-2 in the tie-breaker, I was worried she got the yips all of a sudden on her serve. She fought past it though.

VRam

Elite Member
I think the player she beat today was 29-2 going into the tournament.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
When are these matches and where can they be seen? (please tell me after cutting cable I don't have to subscribe to anything here).

VCUPepBandRules

Elite Member
When are these matches and where can they be seen? (please tell me after cutting cable I don't have to subscribe to anything here).
TennisONE has been broadcasting the matches for free here: https://www.tennis.one/tournament and I assume they will continue to do so.

Both the Men's and Women's twitter accounts also have been posting links to the game and the stat-broadcaster in the mornings, I'm not sure what time these will be tomorrow, but you can bet they'll be posted there. Once you're on the site, you'll click the NCAA Tournament icon, can see which court the players are going to be on, and then scroll down and click on the video to make it take up most of your screen.

Prior to this week, I've probably only seen a total of 10 minutes of tennis my entire life, but have been able to catch quite a bit of these matches over the past few days and I think I finally understand the scoring system. Overall, I really enjoy watching the VCU players play, but so far my favorite moment (aside from seeing VCU win) was during todays doubles when during the first set in the last game the Auburn server smacked his partner upside of the head with the ball during a serve...

VCUPepBandRules

Elite Member
@MobileMunchies

Diaz-Delgado will be playing tomorrow at 1:30 and the Bertimon brothers will be playing at 2 3 according to the VCU Athletics website. With the Baseball team's game starting at 12, I think I'll be using all of my monitors at work tomorrow, but there won't be much work being done ;)

Last edited:

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
@MobileMunchies

Diaz-Delgado will be playing tomorrow at 1:30 and the Bertimon brothers will be playing at 2 according to the VCU Athletics website. With the Baseball team's game starting at 12, I think I'll be using all of my monitors at work tomorrow, but there won't be much work being done ;)
Thank you! We'll be tuning in (hopefully it'll be the site above you posted!), the kind of weather coming here tomorrow makes the rules for people intending to work outdoors!

VCUPepBandRules

Elite Member
Thank you! We'll be tuning in (hopefully it'll be the site above you posted!), the kind of weather coming here tomorrow makes the rules for people intending to work outdoors!
Actually, looks like the twins will be at 3, according to the recent men's twitter post. But looking at the link, it looks like they're broadcasting all of the matches.

Yea, the weather doesn't look good for those who work outdoors with what you've been doing lately. Do you think you'll ever be opening up the cart again? While I'm generally on the medical campus since that's where I work, the few times I would be on the academic campus and see your cart it would always put a smile on my face...

VRam

Elite Member
TennisONE has been broadcasting the matches for free here: https://www.tennis.one/tournament and I assume they will continue to do so.

Both the Men's and Women's twitter accounts also have been posting links to the game and the stat-broadcaster in the mornings, I'm not sure what time these will be tomorrow, but you can bet they'll be posted there. Once you're on the site, you'll click the NCAA Tournament icon, can see which court the players are going to be on, and then scroll down and click on the video to make it take up most of your screen.

Prior to this week, I've probably only seen a total of 10 minutes of tennis my entire life, but have been able to catch quite a bit of these matches over the past few days and I think I finally understand the scoring system. Overall, I really enjoy watching the VCU players play, but so far my favorite moment (aside from seeing VCU win) was during todays doubles when during the first set in the last game the Auburn server smacked his partner upside of the head with the ball during a serve...
You can also get there by going to itatennis.com.