The Official Beat Baylor in the Bahamas Thread

Ramdog

Elite Member
We got bludgeoned on the boards and gave up too many offensive rebounds. I feel like a lot of folks are chalking this one up as a moral victory. No such thing. We lost. We had several opportunities to change the course of this game and couldn’t make the plays to get it done. No doubt that we play hard, but that’s not winning games for us. We shot 13 FT’s to their 24. Giving up offensive rebounds and some lazy turnovers pretty much did us in. 2 of our veteran players had 9 turnovers between the two of them. We had 18 total. That’s a problem. Not giving up on my rams, but I would like to see the coaching staff prove me wrong as I am starting to lose patience with MR and company.
coaching staff needs to stop calling the turnover play

We got bludgeoned on the boards and gave up too many offensive rebounds. I feel like a lot of folks are chalking this one up as a moral victory. No such thing. We lost. We had several opportunities to change the course of this game and couldn’t make the plays to get it done. No doubt that we play hard, but that’s not winning games for us. We shot 13 FT’s to their 24. Giving up offensive rebounds and some lazy turnovers pretty much did us in. 2 of our veteran players had 9 turnovers between the two of them. We had 18 total. That’s a problem. Not giving up on my rams, but I would like to see the coaching staff prove me wrong as I am starting to lose patience with MR and company.
we dont get a lot of shooting fouls because if we try a dribble drive we dont shoot.
really scared to shoot which is a problem. getting better but still a problem.
finally using interior scoring so maybe we can add some cuts to the hoop that actually become shots next.
guards need to come to life for us.

VCU_Redskins

Elite Member
Barely lost to the defending champions... Nice.

What's crazy is we scored one more FG and one more 3 than they did. More assists, more blocks more steals, same turnovers, same fouls.

We lost the rebound battle and they destroyed us at the line.

If Levi can play tomorrow at the same level, i might join the Levi train. I am still not sold but the salesman is doing a decent job of trying to close the deal.
always room on the Stockard Express ! he should do well tomorrow. UCONN only has one guy who has the size/width to play him and he's a sophomore. Their height guys are not wide.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
We're not perfect but the offense and defense ARE improving. They're becoming more cohesive, freshmen are growing by leaps and bounds. And these guys are playing their hearts out.
That's all I can ask.
Compare the Wagner game to the last two.
Progress is so blatantly visible, all things considered, you'd have to be both blind and dense to not see what's going on right now.
Any fan unpleased, pissed, demanding- whatever you are at this point, please just hang your fan hat at the door and someone else will pick it up for you, and they'll wear it right.

HBK

Elite Member
No moral victory, but people are blind if they can’t see that improvement over the last couple of weeks. That is good coaching and a credit to the players. More importantly, our guys play incredibly hard, which is a credit to them and the coaching staff. We just played a top 5 team better than anyone else has this season. Losing sucks, but there are lots of positives to take away from this game and this tournament.

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider

we lost to the defending national champion by 8 points and you are "starting to lose patience with MR and company"

GTFOH fake ass fan and welcome to the ignore list with the rest of your cockroach brethren.

RamDanFan

Elite Member
That should have been 10 seconds. Ball was still in the air when the shot clock hit 20.

Correct. He caught it at 19 seconds and no one flinched. Even Coach missed it. Could have been a crucial no call, but we will never know. Other than that one no call, refs were pretty fair.

Last edited:

KentuckyRam

Insider
Last year's Baylor team stomped the snot out of what looked like an almost unbeatable Gonzaga. No this team is not that team... yet, but they look pretty darn good to me.
That point guard they had last year was a killer.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Correct. He caught it at 18 seconds and no one flinched. Even Coach missed it. Could have been a crucial no call, but we will never know. Other than that one no call, refs were pretty fair.
You probably missed a few things since you weren’t watching on TV. The first half foul on Curry when the Baylor guard was holding his wrist behind his back was a bad call. When they reversed the 10 second call in the first half they had just missed that Baylor inbounded the ball to a guy that stepped back out of bounds and then inbounded again. That’s why the clock operator started the shot clock “early.” There were one or two more calls that were pretty bad too.

we lost to the defending national champion by 8 points and you are "starting to lose patience with MR and company"

GTFOH fake ass fan and welcome to the ignore list with the rest of your cockroach brethren.
Just calling it like I see it. Bet I’ve been a fan longer than you, and suggesting that I’m a fake ass fan is hilarious. Good day mate.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
You probably missed a few things since you weren’t watching on TV. The first half foul on Curry when the Baylor guard was holding his wrist behind his back was a bad call. When they reversed the 10 second call in the first half they had just missed that Baylor inbounded the ball to a guy that stepped back out of bounds and then inbounded again. That’s why the clock operator started the shot clock “early.” There were one or two more calls that were pretty bad too.
THANK YOU.