The Official Beat Baylor in the Bahamas Thread

ramsareus

Elite Member
We got bludgeoned on the boards and gave up too many offensive rebounds. I feel like a lot of folks are chalking this one up as a moral victory. No such thing. We lost. We had several opportunities to change the course of this game and couldn’t make the plays to get it done. No doubt that we play hard, but that’s not winning games for us. We shot 13 FT’s to their 24. Giving up offensive rebounds and some lazy turnovers pretty much did us in. 2 of our veteran players had 9 turnovers between the two of them. We had 18 total. That’s a problem. Not giving up on my rams, but I would like to see the coaching staff prove me wrong as I am starting to lose patience with MR and company.
Can’t decide if this is the funniest or dumbest post I have ever seen around here. Maybe both 😂😂😂😂

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I’ll just say if Baylor is 6th in the nation, then we should be Top 25.

Also, I have never seen a VCU freshman pg play the defense Nunn is capable of. It’s not even close. He was lock down today.
Jayden is very good. I think Ace was better last year. I also think if Ace comes back healthy they're going to grind opposing backcourts into dust.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
We got bludgeoned on the boards and gave up too many offensive rebounds. I feel like a lot of folks are chalking this one up as a moral victory. No such thing. We lost. We had several opportunities to change the course of this game and couldn’t make the plays to get it done. No doubt that we play hard, but that’s not winning games for us. We shot 13 FT’s to their 24. Giving up offensive rebounds and some lazy turnovers pretty much did us in. 2 of our veteran players had 9 turnovers between the two of them. We had 18 total. That’s a problem. Not giving up on my rams, but I would like to see the coaching staff prove me wrong as I am starting to lose patience with MR and company.
DC Dan, is that you?

RamStrut

Elite Member
I know many aren’t big on moral victories but f it, I’m super proud of this group of guys overcoming so much adversity already into the season. All I ask for is the effort and we are getting that tenfold. Hung with one of the best teams in the nation. There’s a lot of Hope for this season. Rhoades should be commended for keeping morale high and having this team ready to go toe to toe vs. anyone.

another fine game for my man Levi ! hope this trend continues.
Credit where credit is due. Levi has been great these 2 games. Now sure how much of that is him making that happen, and how much can be attributed to the team doing a better job executing. Probably a combination of both.

Last edited:

RamBamBiggalow

Elite Member
Very proud of the team. We put in a herculean defensive effort today. In my mind we did enough to win. Our speed and defense was better than theirs. We nearly grinded them and they looked down a few times I thought we might pull it off. Hope we have something in the gas tank for tomorrow. We played super hard.

A few sequences stand out to me. Mainly down the stretch we had cut to maybe 3 or 4. Curry bricked 3 triples early in the shot clock in a row. Prior to that steal in the final minute he was 1-8.

Another moment we got a steal and Banks drove into two big defenders got stuffed and caused a run out. He should've stopped and brought it out.

This team has figured out some things. If we can stop turning it over so much we might save this season after all.

RamStrut

Elite Member
His stats were not good but I keep waiting for someone to surface. At least he plays the style we want.
Exactly. He does a lot of good things and no one plays harder. His shot is off but I think he can start connecting with a bunch of shooting work at practice. I dig that he still wants the ball and isn’t afraid to shoot it. He still needs to be on the floor as he’s incredibly athletic. I really think he’ll have some break out games coming up.

RamDanFan

Elite Member
heck of a showing. Coming along as a team. Curry still playing and shooting too much.

At least he is showing signs of improvement. His defense is pretty darn good and for right now that’s what this team needs to hang their hat on to get wins.