The Official Beat Baylor in the Bahamas Thread

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
This will be an interesting game. Baylor can definitely play, but so far they've knocked over three tin cans, crushed Stanford, and beaten ASU handily. They're top ten in offense on BartTorvik, KP, and Haslametrics, mostly because of elite finishing at the rim (56% on 2s). They're also great at protecting the rim (13th nationally in blocked shots). They aren't good at the line (63%, same as us). They're middle of the pack in pace, we're on the slow end.

The eye test and pedigree say their offense is no mirage, but they also haven't played a defense even close to ours yet this season (and we haven't played one close to theirs). We should have the mental edge and can hopefully play free. If we can finish shots at the rim and keep our turnovers under 15 I think we have a chance. If we can finish at the rim and stay under 12 turnovers, I think we have a good chance.

Last edited:

Havoc2Ut2

Elite Member
This will be an interesting game. Baylor can definitely play, but so far they've knocked over three tin cans, crushed Stanford, and beaten ASU handily. They're top ten in offense on BartTorvik, KP, and Haslametrics, mostly because of elite finishing at the rim (56% on 2s). They're also great at protecting the rim (13th nationally in blocked shots). They aren't good at the line (63%, same as us). They're middle of the pack in pace, we're on the slow end.

The eye test and pedigree say their offense is no mirage, but they also haven't played a defense even close to ours yet this season (and we haven't played one close to theirs). We should have the mental edge and can hopefully play free. If we can finish shots and the rim and keep our turnovers under 15 I think we have a chance. If we can finish at the rim and stay under 12 turnovers, I think we have a good chance.
So you're saying we have a chance?

If we can cover the spread it should do wonders for our rankings. Guys did good and earned a couple of prime games. All gravy.