The Official Beat Baylor in the Bahamas Thread

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
We actually match up with them pretty well in terms of size, but in terms of pure production this is probably the toughest team we’ve faced…possibly ever.

Oh yeah, it's not every day you go toe to toe with a top 10 ranked O and D team regardless mid-major or high-major affiliation.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
We actually match up with them pretty well in terms of size, but in terms of pure production this is probably the toughest team we’ve faced…possibly ever.

Not sure I would say "ever". That #2 ranked Kansas team in San Antonio was really good. Also, VCU played UVa when Ralph Sampson was there, and also over the last few years when UVa was ranked #7 and #4. VCU also played #5 Duke in 2012 in Battle 4 Atlantis and again in 2015 when Duke was also #5. And lets not forget that Dayton team two years ago.

Last edited:

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
For this one I am having flash backs to the Michigan game.

I rewatched the balyor/houston final four game vs. the arizona st game.

This year's Baylors is less cohesive in the back court. They dont have the range to spread u out like they did vs houston.

The key is get Akinjo to dribble alot more vs. pass then Baylor's ball movement slows down.

Also we have to keep the ball out of myers hands from facilitating in transition and keep a hand in his face on the arc.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Great challenge and opportunity for the Rams today. Easily will be the best team VCU plays all season. Happy Thanksgiving and go Rams!

Baylor is very good, but don't sleep on St. Bonaventure. The Bonnies are starting to remind me of Dayton's team two years ago. They still get UConn and VA Tech in December. St. Bonaventure could very well run the table in the A-10 this year, especially the way the rest of the A-10 is playing this year. And VCU has to play them twice.