The Official Beat FUR Thread

BigE

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Will you be at Siegel Tuesday for our match-up against Richmond?
Help Stripe the Stu.
Find your section.
Know your color.

#LetsGoVCU
#ThisIsRamNation

Reactions: SZQ VCU

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
It is weird to feel this way but I kind of want them to beat Dayton on Saturday. It would drop UD back a game and VCU will have the opportunity to bring UR back a game on Tuesday. I bet the Vegas line will only be 5 points or less which ends up being a toss up.

Last edited:

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
It is weird to feel this way but I kind of want them to beat Dayton on Saturday. It would drop UD back a game and VCU will have the opportunity to bring UR back a game on Tuesday. I bet the Vegas line will only be 5 points or less which ends up being a toss up.
You are not alone

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
I am interested to see what happens with the betting line for that one. I would say UR is probably around a 40% chance of pulling it out.
I don't see it. It doesn't help that UR runs some similar defensive schemes as VCU, but just in half speed.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I don't see it. It doesn't help that UR runs some similar defensive schemes as VCU, but just in half speed.
It will be interesting. UR can score so it will be about their D.

PS-On Tuesday it will be about VCU's D and keeping turnovers to a minimum.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
You might be right. The Haslametrics prediction for the game is Dayton 77, Richmond 70. Stats-wise it looks like it could be a close game.

Mar 2, 2014
I just can't.

Reactions: AlienAiden

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
It is an interesting proposition. On the one hand, if Dayton does not lose until they come to the Stu they'll be top 5, which would be an awesome event and a chance for VCU to do something historic. A win would go a long long way to ensuring a NCAA bid.

On the other hand, if UR beats them, Dayton will still be ranked and present a great opportunity and the two UR games would become much better NET opportunities. Really a no-lose proposition for VCU provided we take care of business.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
It is an interesting proposition. On the one hand, if Dayton does not lose until they come to the Stu they'll be top 5, which would be an awesome event and a chance for VCU to do something historic. A win would go a long long way to ensuring a NCAA bid.

On the other hand, if UR beats them, Dayton will still be ranked and present a great opportunity and the two UR games would become much better NET opportunities. Really a no-lose proposition for VCU provided we take care of business.
I like no-lose propositions.

Reactions: DisplacedRam