The Official Beat FUR Thread

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I’ll confess to having greatly underestimated UR this year. Sometimes I’ll allow my disdain for them override my objectivity. Just want to beat them each time we play.

Reactions: duncanlamb

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
I’ll confess to having greatly underestimated UR this year. Sometimes I’ll allow my disdain for them override my objectivity. Just want to beat them each time we play.
As long as Grant Golden defends the paint then we have a distinct chance of beating them.

• Haha
Reactions: ISwamRam

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I'm going with my gut... fur will lose by double digits the next two games. Dayton then us is a tough sequence with little rest/recovery.
And with Francis out...made even harder.

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
I'm going with my gut... fur will lose by double digits the next two games. Dayton then us is a tough sequence with little rest/recovery.
They haven’t done too badly with Francis out (so far). Deeper bench and less minutes per player has helped them out, like the rtd said this morning.

That said I’m with you, thinking a couple of their players are going to see minutes climb over the next couple games, unless they keep making their outside shots allowing them to keep the floor spread out.

Meanwhile, we need to take care of business against LaSalle.

92VCUpikapp

Top Member
Dec 21, 2010
i watched the ticks last game with Francis out. Seemed like some interesting body language and looks by Wojcik at the fUR bench when he scored. Imagine he wasn’t very happy with Francis coming to town and taking his minutes.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
They haven’t done too badly with Francis out (so far). Deeper bench and less minutes per player has helped them out, like the rtd said this morning.

That said I’m with you, thinking a couple of their players are going to see minutes climb over the next couple games, unless they keep making their outside shots allowing them to keep the floor spread out.

Meanwhile, we need to take care of business against LaSalle.
Against Davidson, fmason and La Salle. They are stepping up in weight class considerably the next two games.

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Against Davidson, fmason and La Salle. They are stepping up in weight class considerably the next two games.
I work with a couple of fur 'super fans'...they are in agreement with our collective assessment here: double digit lose is expected. (...and no, they weren't trying to get me to wager on it ;-) )

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
i watched the ticks last game with Francis out. Seemed like some interesting body language and looks by Wojcik at the fUR bench when he scored. Imagine he wasn’t very happy with Francis coming to town and taking his minutes.
Francis was a ball hog. UR is better without him. And that came from a former Spider player before they played their 1st game without Francis.

Reactions: gravy