The Official Beat Ole Dirty in the Animal Thread

districtballer

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I mean ODU fans can say whatever they want.

Our programs are in different stratospheres at this point.

It’s December 1st and we’ve been ranked more weeks this season than ODU has in the history of their basketball program. That’s all you need to know.

It’s a rivalry game so anything can and does happen, but our program is unquestionably superior to theirs in every meaningful way unless you want to compare physical arenas. That’s about the only thing that I can think of where they have it better than us.

I expect our guys will win pretty comfortably.

RamsFan1974

Top Member
Feb 17, 2017
Had to share this. My sister-in-law is a former President and CEO of the Tidewater Food Bank and somewhat of a "known" Norfolk citizen. She, unaware of my disdain of ODU excitedly called me some years back and said she had scored access as guests for her and me in the president's box at the Ted for their game against, I want to say UNC. I hated to shoot the air out of all her enthusiasm but flatly told her I wouldnt go whether it was the president's suite or the janitor closet. She was genuinely shocked at my swift and strong turn down. I made sure she understood it was not her, it was ODU.

Dec 2, 2012
Well the vitriol is in full bloom on the FODU board. Mike was characterized in the following way by one poster "Rhoades is trash" and "he took a trash program to a mediocre program." No understanding of lost recruiting classes and player attrition when there's a coaching change.
Fodu said mean things about our coach?

Maybe he should stick to what he is best at...ball handling.

Last edited:

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
I know it's the wrong place but I gotta post it anyway. The VCU women's volleyball team lost in the conference finals BUT received the first ever at-large bid to the NCAA tournament in program history.
Post that wherever you want, fantastic news!
Oh, and I completely agree with those who think this week off until the game Saturday is good. The coaches and team know what they need to work on, they have a good week to practice come out Saturday and play the best game we've seen so far this season.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2011
I mean ODU fans can say whatever they want.

Our programs are in different stratospheres at this point.

It’s December 1st and we’ve been ranked more weeks this season than ODU has in the history of their basketball program. That’s all you need to know.

It’s a rivalry game so anything can and does happen, but our program is unquestionably superior to theirs in every meaningful way unless you want to compare physical arenas. That’s about the only thing that I can think of where they have it better than us.

I expect our guys will win pretty comfortably.
But, But, But....We have football! BUT don't pay any attention to the 11 losses and 1 win (Norfolk State) and our #127 rankings (there's only 130 FBS teams)