The Official Beat Ole Dirty in the Animal Thread

buckwheat

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Big shout out to Old Dominion University for finishing up 2019 as quite possibly the worst division one football team in the country..

I watched Lincoln-Way East win the Illinois 8A championship the other day. I’m fairly certain those boys would compete very well against ODU. Not even kidding.

buckwheat

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Bobby Wilder just resigned as fodu’s head football coach.
Vic, please don’t even think about making a joke here. It took Wilder over a decade of blood, sweat, and tears to turn ODU into the worst team in division one football. It takes a ton of effort to get your doors blown off by UAB, who apparently, unbeknownst to most of us, DOES indeed field an american football team.

No matter what, at the end of the day, he’ll always have that Popeyes Fried Chicken Sandwich Bowl victory on his resume. That can never be taken away.

Dec 2, 2012
Vic, please don’t even think about making a joke here. It took Wilder over a decade of blood, sweat, and tears to turn ODU into the worst team in division one football. It takes a ton of effort to get your doors blown off by UAB, who apparently, unbeknownst to most of us, DOES indeed field an american football team.

No matter what, at the end of the day, he’ll always have that Popeyes Fried Chicken Sandwich Bowl victory on his resume. That can never be taken away.
Pretty sure it was the Subway Salute to the Coast Guard Ben Gay Achy Breaky Creaky Joints bowl, hosted by Bezelebub Cumberbund.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012

Some of them actually think Willie Taggert is a good idea for a replacement :lol: the names being thrown out are should I say, uninspiring.

Reactions: VCU Finance 2008

Major Ram 2.0

Top Member
Aug 13, 2018
A visit to their site is informative if looking for the definition of dumpster fire. Head football coach forces out after 1-11 season. Basketball team has to have been felt effects of the drop in donations as the fans stop buying football season tickets and the great sucking sound of buying out Wilder &Co can’t help. Meanwhile they demean Rhoades? The abject difficulty of keeping a team together after the coaching change is phenomenal. Year one touch but success in year two was undeniable and year three hold huge promise and upside while these cretins from Norfolk think they have moral high ground and a better product? Laughable even by odu standards. They wanted football and the all that glory to be bestowed on them. Congrats how’s that working for you monarchs?
I hope we beat these chumps in the ground. Oh and how about CUSA? Awesome conference. 😳👀🤔😂

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
Big shout out to Old Dominion University for finishing up 2019 as quite possibly the worst division one football team in the country..

I watched Lincoln-Way East win the Illinois 8A championship the other day. I’m fairly certain those boys would compete very well against ODU. Not even kidding.
Worst?
Isn't there a playoff between - UMass, Dirty, Akron, and Utep?

PhantomRam

Top Member
Apr 30, 2009
I'm surprised they don't think they have a chance at Lane Kiffin or Dabo for that matter

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
I mean ODU fans can say whatever they want.

Our programs are in different stratospheres at this point.

It’s December 1st and we’ve been ranked more weeks this season than ODU has in the history of their basketball program. That’s all you need to know.

It’s a rivalry game so anything can and does happen, but our program is unquestionably superior to theirs in every meaningful way unless you want to compare physical arenas. That’s about the only thing that I can think of where they have it better than us.

I expect our guys will win pretty comfortably.
I wonder how different things would be if they didn’t start their football program.

• Sad
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009

And fodu now has the nicest/most expensive outdoor music venue in the Tidewater area. :lol: :lol::lol:

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009

:lol:This is epic