The Official Beat Saint Joes on Hawk Hill Thread

Jan 16, 2020
Rams will likely be 12-point road faves ... it wasn't so easy back on Jan. 27, '82, when Joe's handed J.D. Barnett's Rams a 60-53 loss at the Palestra in second half of a doubleheader.

Went up on Rams' Club sponsored bus: remember two things: group went to fancy restaurant (Bookbinder's, I think) ... A tight wad by nature, I left and walked back to hotel despite Norman Morgan offering to pay first $20 of my tab .... then after the game in bar area, there sat Joe Frazier eating a bowl of steaming chili, drinking mixed drinks (in excess) and talking to anyone who cared to listen.

Reactions: VCUBeatsduke

80sRamBaseballRugby

Top Member
Apr 20, 2012
Games like this one scare the bejesus out of me. I don't think St Joe's is as bad as their record. They should be loose since their season is destroyed and our margin for error is paper thin considering our goals, which could lead us to play tight again. I believe we will win it going away, close at the half, but a double digit win. 77 - 66 Rams

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Games like this one scare the bejesus out of me. I don't think St Joe's is as bad as their record. They should be loose since their season is destroyed and our margin for error is paper thin considering our goals, which could lead us to play tight again. I believe we will win it going away, close at the half, but a double digit win. 77 - 66 Rams
Nothing good can come out of this trip;)

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
I see Bones playing 25-30 minutes and giving the guys the good feeling of control on the floor. Special kid. Makes everyone around him play better and relax with his confidence and smile. I think we just turned a corner with our young players. They looked loose and aggressive and not worried about a mistake. Now get the Seniors in his groove and we're gonna be better than fine. The team just seems to turn the motor on when he's on the floor. He never slows down on O or D. Motor is incredible and his stamina is impressive. He's absorbing everything ME is giving him and I think the favor is about to be returned.

1579469272805.jpeg

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Do we know what section the VCU tix will be in? Thinking of doing the road trip

fmrick

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009
Thinking about heading up for the game. Hows parking near the arena for anyone that been?
Do you have tickets? I was planning on going, but I cannot.

I have three good seats for anyone interested. I'll take $20 each for them, which is less than half the cost.

Seats are Section 202, Row 2, Seats 7, 8 and 9.

If you (or anyone else) is interested, just shoot me a PM and we'll work out getting them to you before you leave. I can meet most anywhere in the Metro area.

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
No way anyone will have to pay $20 for this ticket. Place will be half empty. Been there done that. LaSalle tix are more difficult to get. You'll be able to get em face at the box office. The more of us that show up the happier they will be.

Last edited: