The Official Beat Saint Joes on Hawk Hill Thread

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Bones came down to Earth a bit last night (scoring wise), but still showing why the future is sunglass wearin' bright. Any word yet on ME ? That kid is getting snake bit with his injuries.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Bones came down to Earth a bit last night (scoring wise), but still showing why the future is sunglass wearin' bright. Any word yet on ME ? That kid is getting snake bit with his injuries.
A bit?
1 for 11 ...ouch.

• Wow
Reactions: senor ram

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014
I don’t care if he needs to be yelled at, smacked upside the head, or a right hook to the face.....but someone needs to somehow convince Malik to FINALLY stop being so timid and be way more aggressive with the ball!! For four seasons now, I’ve seen a kid who seems to have way more to give but, rather pass the ball. We need him to shoot!!!!!!

RamFanatic

Top Member
Feb 6, 2012
I don’t care if he needs to be yelled at, smacked upside the head, or a right hook to the face.....but someone needs to somehow convince Malik to FINALLY stop being so timid and be way more aggressive with the ball!! For four seasons now, I’ve seen a kid who seems to have way more to give but, rather pass the ball. We need him to shoot!!!!!!
I thought Malik played well last night. He made sound decisions with the basketball. He took open shots, and he drove the ball to the hoop when it was available. When it wasn’t, he did a good job keeping the ball moving. It was refreshing to see because too many of our guys are taking contested threes early in possessions - shots we could get anytime.

Apr 21, 2009
We need him to shoot if he is on.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I live on the other side of the world so I'm pretty out of the loop but could somebody fill me in....what's going on with Evans?

Edit: I see that he left early with a concussion this game, but seems like he's been having a tough year in general. Any rhyme or reason from watching the games?
He suffered a concussion at/or around the Dayton game and sat out vs SBU. Took a shoulder to his head and went down hard last night and was pulled for precautionary reasons. Word is it wasn't a concussion and he'll be ready for the LaSalle game.
Personally?? I'd prefer he sit...better safe than sorry

Also regarding last night?? Loved the only 6 Rams turnovers!! Also loved seeing 10 Rams with 10+ minutes. Loved Loved seeing Tre' hit a 3 and McCallister driving the baseline for ANOTHER dunk.

After Saturday?? We should begin to see some separation at the top of the A10 standings.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Mar 21, 2017
I'm with you on that. I hope Evans is feeling legitimately ready to play the next game, I would hate to see him rush out there Saturday and get some other type of injury that as a cumulative affect of all the stuff he has been going through turns into something really serious. Sit out LaSalle, rest and repair, and get yourself as close to 100% as you can for the home stretch.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
He suffered a concussion at/or around the Dayton game and sat out vs SBU. Took a shoulder to his head and went down hard last night and was pulled for precautionary reasons. Word is it wasn't a concussion and he'll be ready for the LaSalle game.

Also regarding last night?? Loved the only 6 Rams turnovers!! Also loved seeing 10 Rams with 10+ minutes. Loved Loved seeing Tre' hit a 3 and McCallister driving the baseline for ANOTHER dunk.

After Saturday?? We should begin to see some separation at the top of the A10 standings.
I'd definitely rather have Marcus sit against La Salle. We're going to need him as close to 100% as possible for the home game against UR on Tuesday (which is definitely going to be an all-hands-on-deck affair despite their injury woes), and even closer for the away game at Rhody (a Q1 win opportunity).