The Official Beat Saint Joes on Hawk Hill Thread

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
As was inevitable. Nobody is on fire every game.
But his development is coming right along.
Yes, offense runs more smoothly with him on even when he's not having a good shooting night. 3 assists 1 turnover a couple of boards and a big block. I can work with this as an off night.

80sRamBaseballRugby

Top Member
Apr 20, 2012
Looks like Tre Clarke is the new 3rd point guard. He was running there when ME was hurt and Bones was getting a rest. Crow was at the two, which is the best spot for him IMHO. And while Crow has been serviceable at the 1, I think he’s better suited as the 2. Nice work by Tre to get up to speed as a point guard so quickly!

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Looks like Tre Clarke is the new 3rd point guard. He was running there when ME was hurt and Bones was getting a rest. Crow was at the two, which is the best spot for him IMHO. And while Crow has been serviceable at the 1, I think he’s better suited as the 2. Nice work by Tre to get up to speed as a point guard so quickly!
Free Crow

Reactions: Ramlove81
May 4, 2012
Yes, offense runs more smoothly with him on even when he's not having a good shooting night. 3 assists 1 turnover a couple of boards and a big block. I can work with this as an off night.
Like all our long history at the 1 hes learning the craft well in his freshman year and will only get better when his time comes.

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Like all our long history at the 1 hes learning the craft well in his freshman year and will only get better when his time comes.
Been saying it before he set his foot on the floor and hearing that I'm just the Kool Aid guy. Kid's the best recruit we've had in 10 years. Floor ready from the minute he hit the floor. We be covered at point for 3 plus years and it's going to get really ugly for the bad guys. The great thing is that he's gonna be challenged by good PG's. If we got a really great PG coming he'll go postal as a 2.

This kid will do a bunch of 20+ games this year and the next 3 and the sky is the limit for him.

Ululating Daddy

Top Member
Jan 13, 2016
The most encouraging thing about this game was seeing KeShawn as the leading scorer, and Malik tied for second with DJ. For this team to be successful, they need to ride the hot hand, not pre-determine who has to be the man. Seniors need to know It's not all on their backs; underclassmen need to know that if they get on a roll, their teammates will get them the ball. That's how an army works.

Mike T

Top Member
Insider
Mar 7, 2013
What is going on with MSS free throws?? Yikes
MSS spent the entire halftime shoot around just shooting foul shots, nothing else. He's working on it, but he has an odd form & it's hard to be consistent when you shoot like that.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
MSS spent the entire halftime shoot around just shooting foul shots, nothing else. He's working on it, but he has an odd form & it's hard to be consistent when you shoot like that.
He needs to stop practicing free throws and work on other things to go from very very good player to great player. His free throws are a lost cause.

Just go up there with a free mind big guy and let it fly...shoot it like a jump shot ....whatever...but be realistic ;)

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Malcolm Gladwell devoted an entire podcast to “Why players who struggle with FTs, don’t use the Rick Barry underhand method”. It was pretty fascinating with statistical, physics and physiological evidence that it is superior in many ways, especially for those shooting well below average. The net conclusion—guys would rather miss than look like a doofus.

It was a pretty awesome podcast with a fairly in depth discussion with Rick Barry.

Ululating Daddy

Top Member
Jan 13, 2016
Malcolm Gladwell devoted an entire podcast to “Why players who struggle with FTs, don’t use the Rick Barry underhand method”. It was pretty fascinating with statistical, physics and physiological evidence that it is superior in many ways, especially for those shooting well below average. The net conclusion—guys would rather miss than look like a doofus.

It was a pretty awesome podcast with a fairly in depth discussion with Rick Barry.
I listened to that podcast too. Fascinating stuff!

RamChris

Insider
Apr 19, 2009
Been saying it before he set his foot on the floor and hearing that I'm just the Kool Aid guy. Kid's the best recruit we've had in 10 years. Floor ready from the minute he hit the floor. We be covered at point for 3 plus years and it's going to get really ugly for the bad guys. The great thing is that he's gonna be challenged by good PG's. If we got a really great PG coming he'll go postal as a 2.

This kid will do a bunch of 20+ games this year and the next 3 and the sky is the limit for him.
I'm the other Kool Aid guy.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013

Canyon Barry didn't look too dumb to me. Like boxing southpaw. Then again, I don't have a camera on me when I'm at the line.