THE OFFICIAL BEAT THE BILLS IN SAINT LOUIS THREAD

MarylandRamFan

Top Member
Feb 18, 2018
It appears that MR has lost this team. I have been watching VCU basketball for nearly 45 years and can’t remember a stretch of games where we were so bad.
Do you suspect the players are rebelling against him, or just not paying any attention to him? Something does seem off. I hope not, but it has that look.

• Angry
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Who_Dat_Ninja

Top Member
Dec 3, 2016
This is beyond embarrassing. We haven't just lost to the good teams in our conference, we have been absolutely destroyed.

Coaches gotta do a better job, this is just unacceptable.
I’ve never questioned the coaching so bad

-we have kids with ZERO technique on defense
-missing free throws
-taking bad shots
-turning the ball over with lazy passes
-no rebounding/boxing out

this is all stuff you will not see in a well coached team

and it’s all stuff that can be fixed!

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
He put in Evans who didn’t even have the leg strength to hit his free throws. I don’t know what the he11 is wrong with Rhodes. Maybe he needs to take himself out of the game
Dunno. The flagrant and T means that kid should not see the floor again this year.

You can't make this schnit up in your worst basketball jones nightmare.

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
With the exception of the two Florida losses and the home loss to Dayton, the 7 other losses (I am including tonight at SLU) have all been similar: VCU hits a lull, the other team goes on a huge run (17-0 tonight) and takes a big lead. We make a run to get it respectable, but lose. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Mar 26, 2011
Do you suspect the players are rebelling against him, or just not paying any attention to him? Something does seem off. I hope not, but it has that look.
I remember that previous coaches would make them go an practice in the Franklin St Gym instead of the new facility, or do other things to motivate. Remember when Shaka burned the February calendar? I think they have gone into full give up mode, will wake up for the A10, win a couple of games and then be done for the year.