The Official Beat the Bills of Saint Louis in the Animal Thread

Jan 15, 2020
Honestly we should probably be a 3-4 pt underdog without Bones. Our team is still very much capable of winning so it shouldn’t be that much of a change.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Honestly we should probably be a 3-4 pt underdog without Bones. Our team is still very much capable of winning so it shouldn’t be that much of a change.

It the line is even, then that means the home team is probably an underdog. Most sites give the home team 2-3 points just for being the home team. This year Sagarin is using a 2 point advantage for home teams.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Give Watkins the start, he's going to be top 3-5 in our line-up moving forward. He's one of the few that will actually drive to the basket, endure the contact and get the foul and/or the bucket somewhat regularly. I think MBJ could also be impactful with his physicality. We need to compete on boards and 'out-muscling' the opponent type plays. Even with Bones out, I still like our chances if we play to our level.

Totally agree....I figure Vince may be the "go to" guy for this game, if he's clicking early. Ace and Keyshawn are gonna have their hands full with Goodwin while Jamir/Vince are gonna be dealing with Javonte Perkins..........this is gonna be a super interesting game on multiple levels. I REALLY wanna see what a Bones-less Rams can pull off!!

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Totally agree....I figure Vince may be the "go to" guy for this game, if he's clicking early. Ace and Keyshawn are gonna have their hands full with Goodwin while Jamir/Vince are gonna be dealing with Javonte Perkins..........this is gonna be a super interesting game on multiple levels. I REALLY wanna see what a Bones-less Rams can pull off!!

The one thing VCU does not need is for Vince and Ace to try to put the whole team on their backs like they tried to do Saturday after Bones went down. They need to get other players involved... Watkins. Travis Ford is not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to X's and O's, but you would think he will figure out that SLU needs to key on Ace and Vince and make the rest of the VCU team beat them.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I'm still praying for Bones to pull a Danny Kottak tomorrow night. Where is George Borden when we need him!!!

For you young bucks, Kottak's performance against Georgetown in 1978 might be THE gutsiest performance by any VCU player in the history of the program. Below is from an article from the Richmond Free Press, dated September 10, 2020. The link to the article is also attached. Everyone on these boards should give that article a read. Kottak got off of the bus at GW's Smith Center prior to the game on crutches and got back on the bus after the game on crutches.

"Still, star of the night honors went to Kottak, a slender 6-foot-5 wing forward who was playing with a heavily taped left ankle.

“For two days leading up to the game, we didn’t know if Danny would play,” Noe recalled. “He was on crutches. Then he went out there and went freakin’ nuts.”

In scoring 29 points, Kottak, aka “The Instamatic,” hit 13 of 15 from the floor—mostly from long range, three of three from the foul line and, surprisingly, collected 11 rebounds."

VCUPepBandRules

Top Member
Jan 30, 2012
I've always wondered why SLU based their mascot after the phantom white dog turds that we used to see in the past. Now, those have all but been eliminated when dogfood manufactures lowered the calcium content of their products, but somehow their white turd of a mascot persists...

...anyway, let's smack 'em on the nose with a newspaper like you do when the dog pees on the rug and kick 'em out of Richmond...
VCU, Go Rams GO!!!