The Official Beat the Bunnies of SBU in the Animal Thread

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
the URI loss is a Q3 so I am guessing that would be what they are referencing. If that remains our only "bad loss" we are fine.
And even that "bad loss" could go away if URI plays well for the rest of the season. They're #88 in the NET, so it wouldn't take too much to bump them up into the top 75 and make it a Q2 loss. If they upset SLU tonight, that would be a huge help despite it likely prompting another Hannibal Lecter tweet from Rothstein.

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
And even that "bad loss" could go away if URI plays well for the rest of the season. They're #88 in the NET, so it wouldn't take too much to bump them up into the top 75 and make it a Q2 loss. If they upset SLU tonight, that would be a huge help despite it likely prompting another Hannibal Lecter tweet from Rothstein.
I'm not sure if SLU is going to end up in the top 30, so there's not much harm in them dropping from the 40's to the 50's or 60's (except for a potential A10 tournament game @UR), so I'm pulling for URI 🤮 .

RamDaddio

Top Member
Apr 18, 2015
If we aren't focused after the way we got handled in the 2nd half of the last game with them, we'll never be focused
Looks like we've been laser focused ever since that 2nd half collapse, let's hope it continues. As another poster said earlier in another thread, that 2nd half may be the best thing that's happened to us all year. It certainly looks like the guys learned from that.

CrozetRam

Top Member
Jan 23, 2011
I lived on The Boulevard in Jan 2016 when we had a snow game vs St Bona.
My car was stuck so I walked to The Stu the day after 18inches of snow came down.

I got to Broad & Harrison about 90 minutes before game time and went to Bodillaz for the first time since college. I was the only one there and I drank a pitcher of PBR and talked to the owner for an hour.

I remember VCU being down 8 in the second half and then Melvin hit a couple of threes and we got hot. Fun game and I was absolutely lit.
Excellent game day vignette!

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
Hi fellow VCU fans! Does anyone know if there's randomly tickets available to this game on Friday?

I cannot wait to root for VCU and boo the Bonnies (who wants to root for an underdog school from western ny anyway??) go rams and hopefully we can play in a conference with schools we have more in common with (UNC-Wilmington or Maryland-Eastern Shore).
Okay ... someone needs to fess up. Who left the door open so this guy could get in?