The Official Beat the Bunnies of SBU in the Animal Thread

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Yeah, I did not think Ward fouled him there. The refs did that all night and thankfully the calls were on the Bonnies. The attackers on offense where getting the calls tonight even if the defenders had separation. It has been like that for the last several seasons so ATTACK.
It's interesting because, if I recall correctly, they actually changed the rule so that the offensive player would not be rewarded for initiating the contact. Maybe I remember that incorrectly, because it surely isn't being called that way.

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
Congrats on the win, VCU. You guys look like and have an NCAA Tourney resume.

I'll be sure to have Bona send you a postcard from Malibu or wherever we will be playing the second round of the CBI.
Bonnies showed some grit. It was a rough game for both sides, specially with those refs. I think y'all are getting a bid this year, and I'm rooting for you guys to become a Q1 win ;)

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
Not sure how tall (^) we stood in the end since we didn't make a FG for about 6 minutes that seemed like 6 hours, but we did stand tall enough to stop their push and tall enough to win a huge game. Heh, good effort by Curry to give us some needed minutes and it is obvious he has more healing to do. Speaking of healing, Corey isn't healed either but gave us a great effort tonight.
As eary as it has been this year at the other games I have attended, this one seemed even more empty and likely was due to the snow and ice. I applaud the players from all the teams creating the energy and playing high caliber basketball in this atmosphere. In VCU's past we never played well in empty or near empty arenas, this team is mature beyond their years. Of course the biggest loss this year is that our fans have not been able to be in person to enjoy this and also that Bones as not been able to do his thing on front of 7,600 +VCU fans, something on which both would thrive.

Enjoy this great victory for a day, then take a day to be your best to your Valentine, then let's focus on the task ahead- UR, Davidson, SLU, UMASS,... and anyone else we might face.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
As eary as it has been this year at the other games I have attended, this one seemed even more empty and likely was due to the snow and ice. I applaud the players from all the teams creating the energy and playing high caliber basketball in this atmosphere. In VCU's past we never played well in empty or near empty arenas, this team is mature beyond their years. Of course the biggest loss this year is that our fans have not been able to be in person to enjoy this and also that Bones as not been able to do his thing on front of 7,600 +VCU fans, something on which both would thrive.
COVID cases have started plateauing/dropping in Virginia. I'd love to see the govna allow 1000+ fans before the season ends, especially if we end up as the sole host of the A10 tourney. And I'd love to see at least one home game with an actual crowd.

onelasttime

Top Member
Insider
Mar 12, 2016
COVID cases have started plateauing/dropping in Virginia. I'd love to see the govna allow 1000+ fans before the season ends, especially if we end up as the sole host of the A10 tourney. And I'd love to see at least one home game with an actual crowd.
This is happening all across the country, for most parts since longer than Virginia (not a knock on Virginia, same for nearby states). Should at least inspire some confidence for the post-season tournaments.

Reactions: RAM7889

buckwheat

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009

The state of Wisconsin likes this post.

Reactions: artRAMinMN