The Official Beat the Colonials of GW in DC Thread

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
He shouldn’t be jacking 3s 2 seconds into the shot clock with a 10 point lead in final few minutes. That sort of thing can lose games against less inept teams.
I never said that he should. I am sure that discussions have already taken place in that regard after hearing the postgame presser.

Reactions: Valley drop step

Love2Ram

Top Member
Insider
Feb 25, 2011
We won the game but no trophies after that one. The last four minutes exhibited some of the most undisciplined ball I've seen executed in a long time. We're up 10 with nearly a full shot clock and launching threes six feet behind the arc? Pressing and fouling down the stretch with a big lead? And how can we forget all those homerun passes resulting in turnovers. Seriously, do we have a quota on how many low probability, long passes we have to attempt every game now?
If Battle plays and Lindo doesn't foul out we'd be singing a very different tune right now. Cheer on.

Nov 20, 2009
I’m not a big Will Wade fan, but he once used the analogy of when you have the ball, you’ve got the program in your hands...or something like that. It sounded weird at first, but it made sense for stressing the importance of valuing the ball.

They need to come up with something to address this issue. I’m sure that they want the kids to be aggressive, but too often it seems like it’s recklessness.

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
I listened to Coach Rhoades in his postgame interview. He did mention the two huge issues of turnovers and end of game decisions. We are talking about combos and minutes but if the players would just protect the basketball they would be fine.
Definitely. The talent is there. Great players raise their games when they go up against other great players. That wasn't the situation today.

Reactions: AlienAiden

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
We won the game but no trophies after that one. The last four minutes exhibited some of the most undisciplined ball I've seen executed in a long time. We're up 10 with nearly a full shot clock and launching threes six feet behind the arc? Pressing and fouling down the stretch with a big lead? And how can we forget all those homerun passes resulting in turnovers. Seriously, do we have a quota on how many low probability, long passes we have to attempt every game now?
If Battle plays and Lindo doesn't foul out we'd be singing a very different tune right now. Cheer on.
We were very careless/sloppy, but let's not pretend it was a close game. The 7 point margin of victory was the closest they got in the second half.

Mar 2, 2014
Just watched the game haven’t read the comments.

Jamir needs all of Curry’s minutes.
Ward needs as many minutes as he can play
Need to learn how to value the ball
Need to get back to good defensive principals especially in the half court

Go Rams
Nice observations.

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
I’m not a big Will Wade fan, but he once used the analogy of when you have the ball, you’ve got the program in your hands...or something like that. It sounded weird at first, but it made sense for stressing the importance of valuing the ball.

They need to come up with something to address this issue. I’m sure that they want the kids to be aggressive, but too often it seems like it’s recklessness.
I would think showing Bones a box score that shows he had 7 turnovers might help. On the bright side, our freshman PG had 8 assists and only 2 turnovers. Pretty good bounce back game from him.

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Jamir needs all of Curry’s minutes.
I'm the biggest Jamir fan there is, but even I am not in favor of that. No need to wear him (or anyone else for that matter) out. It's a long season. We're gonna need contributions from everyone.