The Official Beat the Colonials of GW in DC Thread

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I'm the biggest Jamir fan there is, but even I am not in favor of that. No need to wear him (or anyone else for that matter) out. It's a long season. We're gonna need contributions from everyone.
Key is avg the third most min as just over 22per Jamir is avg 15. Jamir should easily be able to play 20 min per

Reactions: RamStrut

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Key is avg the third most min as just over 22per Jamir is avg 15. Jamir should easily be able to play 20 min per
Oh, he'll be getting more than that by the end of the season. We need to win, but we need to peak in late February and March. That's what successful teams do. Last year's team peaked in the beginning of January. This year's team has a great record with plenty to improve on.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Effort is there every game. One thing in particular that comforts me with this team is that they come ready to play.
I dont know if anyone else has stated it. That last minute and a half was the most mindless I've ever seen from a VCU team. They did everything they could to lose.

Reactions: Love2Ram

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
I dont know if anyone else has stated it. That last minute and a half was the most mindless I've ever seen from a VCU team. They did everything they could to lose.
I said they come ready to play, as in they typically play a good first half.
I didn’t say they finish games well lol.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Jamir needs all of Curry’s minutes.

Go Rams

Reactions: TampaKAP

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I said they come ready to play, as in they typically play a good first half.
I didn’t say they finish games well lol.
I didnt mean to make it seem I disagreed with your statement. However, I agree they did come to play. As such, I thought it was a good post to attach how they finished. They came out doing playing hard and loose.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Just watched the game haven’t read the comments.

Jamir needs all of Curry’s minutes.
Ward needs as many minutes as he can play
Need to learn how to value the ball
Need to get back to good defensive principals especially in the half court

Go Rams
Not saying it was you. However, weren't people saying that /curry get De Re's minutes last year? We all love the 2nd stringers until they start.

Dec 2, 2016
We got the win, but we looked like the 7th or 8th place team in the league. The only good team we've played since the Penn State game is Rhody and they beat us up. We still can't defend dribble penetration, we still foul too much and we turn the ball over a ton. Thankfully, we've been playing mostly bad teams in conference play and in the last 5 non-conference games. The upper echelon of the A-10 will beat us up if we don't improve. Frankly, the way we're playing defense right now, I'm glad the UR game is postponed.

One big thing that made me want to run my head through the wall was Bones taking a 3, when we were up 9 with about a minutes to play and 25 seconds left on the shot clock. Middle school kids know you can't take that shot; you pull it out and at worst take a shot clock violation.
lol.png
1.png

2.png
GW led for a whole 2 minutes while we led for 94% of the game. Inexcusable.

98% win probability for the last 10 minutes? Should've been 99%.

Defense was so poor that we went from #11 to #6 in the country. Does the coaching staff even know what statistics are?
6.png

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Not saying it was you. However, weren't people saying that /curry get De Re's minutes last year? We all love the 2nd stringers until they start.
To piggyback on your comment here, KeyShawn Curry avg’d less than 6 mpg his freshman season 18-19. When he did play he would typically have at least once really nice athletic take to the rack for a score. If memory serves MR said something about him working on his defense in practice.

Anyways..... I remember multiple comments on here about how Curry should have gotten more PT his freshman season over say Crowfield. Maybe..... just maybe all we see is the game and not the practice.

I think we have some absolute ballers on this team, but we are now 13 games in and we are starting a freshman at point guard, and it feels like a freshman swing man (Watkins), and a sophomore big man (Ward) are starting to be trusted more by our staff.

Jan 15, 2020
Had to miss my Basketball Jones today...Appears we won and many are upset about how we won....sheesh. I'll take any win. Good stuff. 10-3. Who saw that coming? I await the answers.
TBH that record isn’t that surprising. Yes it’s a young team but there was expected to be some great young talent coming in combined with some talented returning players including a rookie star last year. If not for some poor showings and starts that record could do higher. Sure 10-3 is great but considering the team and competition so far they really should be in that position. I think if we were 6-7 people would be really voicing their displeasure. Any worst I’d expect some serious finger pointing like other rough years.

Last edited:

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
It’s all good in Mike Rhoades-land!

20 turnovers
4-15 from three
Bonehead B-Ball IQ plays galore
Outrebounded
Scored 1 point per possession (below avg)
All against very mediocre competition

Mike:
“We’ll clean a few things up”
“We’re a young team”
“Kids played hard”
“GW’s a good team”
“Proud of the guys”
“Let’s celebrate - everyone over to my house - Jody’s ordering tacos 🌮!!”

Rinse, repeat (until we play a Top 100 KP Team)

Reactions: ram-n-jam

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
TBH that record isn’t that surprising. Yes it’s a young team but there was expected to be some great young talent coming in combined with some talented returning players including a rookie star last year. If not for some poor showings and starts that record could do higher. Sure 10-3 is great but considering the team and competition so far they really should be in that position. I think if we were 6-7 people would be really voicing their displeasure. Any worst I’d expect some serious finger pointing like other rough years.
We're a dagger away from 11-2 and our 3 losses have come to good programs. This I did not predict, but it makes me happy.

Jan 15, 2020
We're a dagger away from 11-2 and our 3 losses have come to good programs. This I did not predict, but it makes me happy.

I mean of course we would all take this record but considering our play of late the record does not reflect how close all our games have been. Never mind we got blasted two games ago. We may be 10-3 and sitting near the top but we’re not playing like it. The top teams would have beat us handily playing like that yesterday. If we played UR like the last 3-4 games we lose by 15 if not more. SLU would have beaten us by 20.

I remember some years like this where we won ugly to start against bad teams and we got a false of security by sitting 1 or 2 in the conference. Then we played the better teams and got punched in the face.