The Official Beat the Davidson Wildcats at the Stu Thread

How much "luck factor" is involved with 3-point percentage defense? Rams rank with nation's best, holding foes to .250 (70-280) while the Wildcats are among the most efficient at offensive end, .419 (161-384). Certainly there is less "luck" involved in overall shooting percentage defense, which the Black & Gold also excels at. You can expect half of the Wildcats' shots to come from distance. Cross your fingers.

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
We have a highly ranked 3 point defense for a reason and they shoot threes at a high percentage for a reason. Somewhere between the two extreme ends of the spectrum where we either totally shut it down or they have a field day and light us up like a Christmas tree is where the reality will likely settle. They will hit threes because that is what they always do but we will hold them significantly under their averages

One thing you can be darn sure of is they won't have a dude drop eight threes on us like the A10 JV team in Henrico.

Last edited:

SwiftyClown

Elite Member
We have a highly ranked 3 point defense for a reason and they shoot threes at a high percentage for a reason. Somewhere between the two extreme ends of the spectrum where we either totally shut it down or they have a field day and light us up like a Christmas tree is where the reality will likely settle. They will hit threes because that is what they always do but we will hold them significantly under their averages

One thing you can be darn sure of is they won't have a dude drop eight threes on us like the A10 JV team in Henrico.

Generally, I say good offense beats good defense but we'll have home court advantage so who knows.

I mean, yeah, but how many college games do you see finish in the 60s?
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say if we don’t score in the 70s we don’t win this game. I get our defense is great but I don’t see us shutting Davidson completely down. It would take a ridiculous effort to keep them in the 50s. 60s maybe possible. Davidson has scored 70+ and above all season long especially lately. I would love to be wrong but they are just too explosive on offense.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
Thanks for posting @AA your're the best!

=============
GO RAMS!
Beat Wildcats!!

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
Bighorn can elaborate but Dean Smith's 4 corners offense was good basketball strategy before the shot clock. He had players buy in! I can imagine if you look at davidson's games in the 50's and 60's you would see a lot of scores in the 40's/