The Official Beat the Davidson Wildcats at the Stu Thread

I think the originator was Chuck Noe at SC. He called it the “Mongoose”.

Coach Noe ran the "Mongoose" at South Carolina when his talent level was very low ... he tried it on occasion at VCU, but the players really didn't buy into it ... I do recall one game (not sure who against) at the Coliseum when the Rams' played keep-way (with point guard Dave Edwards) much of the second half and held on to slight lead ... I even recall News Leader writer Randy Hallman's lead paragraph the next day .... "It was bitter medicine Dr. Noe prescribed .... but it worked." It was a word play on the Bond movie Dr. No.

SteveMM

Elite Member
Is tonight's game supposed to be a t-shirt game? We haven't had one this season.

Hopefully we learned from Friday nights debacle. I don’t like our chances if this ends up being a shootout. Hope the defense is better tonight. Gave up a lot of open looks to the Bonnie’s. As always with Davidson, defending the 3 is big. Davidson coming in with a lot of momentum. Need everyone to be loud

MattRock

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
Anyone know if we can just use our parking pass from the previously scheduled Davidson game for tonight?

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Last week Brajkovic averaged 19.0 points, 11.0 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.5 blocks per game, while shooting 72.7 percent (16-of-22) from the floor and 60.0 percent (3-for-5) from long range.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Last week Brajkovic averaged 19.0 points, 11.0 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.5 blocks per game, while shooting 72.7 percent (16-of-22) from the floor and 60.0 percent (3-for-5) from long range.
Tempting to let him get his and stick to their shooters like glue. If he beats us, tip your Tyrolean cap.

Will be a long night if he and Lee go off

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I say let him (well, don't LET him, but also don't send many doubles). They beat you with threes, so take that away as much as possible, and stick with your man on back cuts and re-screens.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
VCU got lost against Bona when they ran off screens. VCU players were switching and not getting to players and spots quick enough. Davidson will do the same thing so VCU's half court D needs to sit down and guard at a high level tonight. Players cannot drop off to help while leaving players open. They slash with this hope in mind. The slasher is looking to draw defenders with a drop off or hammer pass to an open 3 point shooter. They look for backdoor cutters off their movement which relies on drawing defenders off of their man.