The Official Beat the Davidson Wildcats at the Stu Thread

SwiftyClown

Elite Member
No. Even a handful of made shots wouldn’t have made our offense good. We struggle to create good shots for ourselves. Our offense is in the bottom third of the 350+ division one schools… and that’s unacceptable.
This was a game preview on a sports betting site. Brutal but true.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220118-212136_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220118-212136_Chrome.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20220118-212201_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220118-212201_Chrome.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Ramcounter

Elite Member
Two out of three of those refs were junior refs with little experience and it showed. They were combative and inept.
Two of the referees from last night are ranked in the top 50 by Kenpom this year. The 3rd is in Kenpom top 75 and did the Ok State Baylor game Saturday.

HBK

Elite Member
yes he did but was ineffective and I attribute that to Davidson having a pretty darn good center and him NOT starting at Bona
Not starting at Bonaventure was solely because he was coming back from Covid.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
That’s a bold statement. Sure we have the ability to beat Bona but our current play suggests we won’t. We are extremely fortune we got Dayton when we did. It seems since that game they have been playing angry and laying waste to teams. Anyone can beat anyone in this conference especially this year but some teams are more convincing than others. Just because we beat Dayton weeks ago doesn’t mean that translates into beating Bona in our house. Same way Dayton destroyed Bona who took our lunch little Debbie’s included.
Cool story.

Just a heads up, I don't want you wasting your time anymore quoting me with paragraphs, so I'm letting you know I have you on ignore.

PhantomRam

Elite Member
I tried reffing a few times, albeit in jr high ball, but I will never ever do it again (the parents are lunatics). Its difficult. Not that I am defending the ref in the above video. My main beef with the refs -- they call touch fouls (or what looks like a touch foul) but one of our guys gets completely hip checked on a screen and they let it go. No consistency at all.

I tried reffing a few times, albeit in jr high ball, but I will never ever do it again (the parents are lunatics). Its difficult. Not that I am defending the ref in the above video. My main beef with the refs -- they call touch fouls (or what looks like a touch foul) but one of our guys gets completely hip checked on a screen and they let it go. No consistency at all.

I was a ref for soccer. Both youth and semi pro. Players can go absolutely berserk but the parents are absolutely insane. I had a soccer mom run onto the field with a sleeping baby in her arms screaming to GFY and I’ll be waiting in the parking lot for you because I called a penalty on a obvious trip. Coaches can be just as bad. Some constantly try to undermine you. I had a few who were known for trying to intimidate assistant refs. I had to keep a eye on them as they would get all up on my side officials. There’s a video from AAU girl game where a coach gets a second T refuses to leave then a parent runs onto the court with a cell phone in the ref’s face as he’s yelling at him while recording. The ref knocks the phone out of his hand and gets jumped by the guy, other parents, and the one of the female players. They flip the ref over on the court and then start punching him non stop while he’s down.

VCU85

Elite Member
The ref knocks the phone out of his hand and gets jumped by the guy, other parents, and the one of the female players. They flip the ref over on the court and then start punching him non stop while he’s down.
You say this like it's a bad thing ....