The Official Beat the Davidson Wildcats in North Carolina Thread

SwiftyClown

Elite Member
Davidson just won three close games on the road. Law of averages says they're due to lose soon. Torvik predicts Davidson winning this one close. We have a shot to give them their first A10 loss and a win here on the road would be huge for our sad resume lol. Our guys have GOT to want this win more.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
At seasons end what do you think we are looking at; 18-11, 17-12? Looking at the schedule, I don’t see us getting to 20 wins. At least during the regular season.
If we win this game, then 23-6. If not, then 20-9. But I hope we still add two OOC games to make up for the missed ones, Rhoades said it's on the table. I never liked the way the A10 does scheduling anyway, wish there were more than one game during the weekdays sometimes. Adding those games would help.

smiley4284

Elite Member
Our bigs need to step up if they want to win titles. Something is broke and it’s just not because Bizzy left. Don’t let the freshman outplay you.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
I'm jealous that Davidson lost their best player (Kellan Grady to UK) AND struck gold with under the radar recruits these last few years with the likes of Luka/Lee/Loyer AND is killing it this year AND is ranked in the AP......there!! I said it!!!

I would LOOOoooooove to see our Rams play a complete game and really take it to them on their home court. Davidson is not some world beating mid major....they ARE a quality team that understands their coaches game plan.

Sounds like one of their guards (Grant Huffman) is dinged up...but it's gonna be another team that leans heavy on their starting 5.

Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers

Rams have to force some on D and avoid making careless ones in transitions and offense...

Go Rams!!!

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I'm jealous that Davidson lost their best player (Kellan Grady to UK) AND struck gold with under the radar recruits these last few years with the likes of Luka/Lee/Loyer AND is killing it this year AND is ranked in the AP......there!! I said it!!!

I would LOOOoooooove to see our Rams play a complete game and really take it to them on their home court. Davidson is not some world beating mid major....they ARE a quality team that understands their coaches game plan.

Sounds like one of their guards (Grant Huffman) is dinged up...but it's gonna be another team that leans heavy on their starting 5.

Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers

Rams have to force some on D and avoid making careless ones in transitions and offense...

Go Rams!!!
Health, man, health. A VCU team with no Bones but a healthy Ace and Jamir the whole season is in the top 25 or knocking on the door and might have a win over Baylor. I know you know this and I know it doesn't make the current situation any less frustrating, just sayin'.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Caught at a market just outside Davidson, NC, years ago. You should know, if you didn't already.
They're KNOWN for their NEW navy beans.. not those old, crusty, moldy assed navy beans.

View attachment 10347
"A woman is said to be worth her weight in beans. And a man's wealth is measured by the age of his navy beans."

giphy.gif

Health, man, health. A VCU team with no Bones but a healthy Ace and Jamir the whole season is in the top 25 or knocking on the door and might have a win over Baylor. I know you know this and I know it doesn't make the current situation any less frustrating, just sayin'.
I get where he’s coming from though. To this day our best team ever had a pg with what half a star? Some players lived up to their stars here and others really haven’t over the years. Hopefully next year we see what everyone can really do with the team returning plus our great recruiting class. The year after that we should be an absolute force. If neither year we aren’t we should be asking real questions. Getting talent is great but gotta have the results. Ask our soccer program who recruits great but results aren’t there at the end of the season.

winner tomorrow will be the team that makes the best adjustments from game 1.
also how the game is officiated could play a factor (i.e loosely or tightly) some refs are more inclined to call contact near rim a foul - last game this did not seem to happen - and NO I am not saying officiating cost us the last game - good teams adjust to how games are called (nBA teams know referees tendencies and adjust - I am wondering when A10 teams know who will ref game)

I am in the camp that defense wins games (yeah I understand you need to score too) - so I think/ okay Believe VCU will play 35 minutes of good to great defense and WIN 63-58.

three stars - Ace Baldwin
two stars - Stockard
one star - Vince

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
If VCU is going to beat Davidson tomorrow, they are going to need more than 6 rebounds total from Stockard, Ward and DeLoach. Posters can talk about Davidson's shooting all they want, but Davidson embarrassed VCU last game on the boards. Last game, Davidson out rebounded VCU 32 - 20. That can't happen again.