The Official Beat the Davidson Wildcats in North Carolina Thread

I don’t want to say the season is on the line but well if we want a route to the NCAA besides winning the A10 tourney we need this game. If we don’t win we better have put it all out there on the court. For us this is a playoff game.
Yes, definitely a key game toward a chance for an at large selection providing, of course, we play well further down the road. It definitely should be treated as a playoff game. Brajkovic needs more attention, pressure D or whatever it takes to contain him. Limit him to 10 or 12 (easier said than done) pts. and I feel we'll eke this one out so long as their other guys miss 3s. I think they had 8 the first time we faced 'em. Need to limit that total
unless they miss 25-30. The thing with winning streaks is that the Law of Averages kicks in at some point, putting it to a halt (the same would hold true, conversely, with a losing one). As previously mentioned, we need better rebounding and limit our turnovers. It's easy for me to throw my thoughts out there... after all, I'm not playing. The athleticism we have is amazing. If we could transition all that into more points THAT would be even more amazing! 8:30 time slot CBSSports Network. Let's hope for the best. GO RAMS!! 'nuff said.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Yes, definitely a key game toward a chance for an at large selection providing, of course, we play well further down the road. It definitely should be treated as a playoff game. Brajkovic needs more attention, pressure D or whatever it takes to contain him. Limit him to 10 or 12 (easier said than done) pts. and I feel we'll eke this one out so long as their other guys miss 3s. I think they had 8 the first time we faced 'em. Need to limit that total
unless they miss 25-30. The thing with winning streaks is that the Law of Averages kicks in at some point, putting it to a halt (the same would hold true, conversely, with a losing one). As previously mentioned, we need better rebounding and limit our turnovers. It's easy for me to throw my thoughts out there... after all, I'm not playing. The athleticism we have is amazing. If we could transition all that into more points THAT would be even more amazing! 8:30 time slot CBSSports Network. Let's hope for the best. GO RAMS!! 'nuff said.
Law of averages says they're overdue for a loss, but those sorts of losses most often happen on the road. They're definitely beatable but letting them get away with a win on our court may come back to haunt us. Last week's game plan was clearly good enough to get it done, hopefully tonight's execution is as well.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
My first memory of Davidson was the AWFUL NIT game at the Stu...I was there and pre game I was like "Oh yea, we're gonna stomp these dudes"....at half time I was like "OK, OK....little tighter than I thought, that little 7-2 run sucked, but we should get this and move on"......walking out, I was like "HOW THE F#$K DID WE LOSE THAT GAME?!?!?!"

that 7-2 run to end the half turned into a 26-5 run when it was all said and done

UGH!!!! Such a cruddy memory....Let's get this one tonight!!!!

Go Rams!!!

Ramdog

Elite Member
My first memory of Davidson was the AWFUL NIT game at the Stu...I was there and pre game I was like "Oh yea, we're gonna stomp these dudes"....at half time I was like "OK, OK....little tighter than I thought, that little 7-2 run sucked, but we should get this and move on"......walking out, I was like "HOW THE F#$K DID WE LOSE THAT GAME?!?!?!"

that 7-2 run to end the half turned into a 26-5 run when it was all said and done

UGH!!!! Such a cruddy memory....Let's get this one tonight!!!!

Go Rams!!!
They carved up a very uninterested VCU team

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Rebounding too.
Ideally yes, they don’t extend their defense much and really emphasize defensive rebounding as a team, so hard to get much of an advantage with ORs—but limiting their ORs and not putting them on the line would tip the balance in our direction, provided we take care of the rock.