The Official Beat the Davidson Wildcats in North Carolina Thread

Mercury

Elite Member
Hat's off to KcKillop for that coaching sequence near the end where he had a scrub off the bench foul VCU in order to put us in the bonus and then immediately fouled DeLoach knowing he would struggle from the FT line....which he did, missing the front end of a 1and1. It really had an impact on the Rams momentum, it seemed to give a little boost to Davidson, and it REALLY helped get the crowd goin'

Still, helluva win from our guys. We can nancy all day about the refs and the foul disparity and Foster Loyer's stupid face which is both Oh-so-punchable AND weirdly proportioned. He seriously looks like a beady eyed shrew or some other small digging mammal.

Lastly, I'm all for college kids having fun and silly little traditions and all that....but the Davidson swim team is just sad and weird and weirdly homoerotic......That being said, I've NEVER been the kind of guy who looks good shirtless at the beach, so maybe I'm hatin on those little turds a bit

GREAT WIN, RAMS!!!!

That sequence was a phenomenal job by Coach McKillop. That one decision alone almost kick started a comeback.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Levi often doesn’t try to grab the board because he’s the only guy on our team that consistently boxes out. He seems to clear space for our guards to attack the boards & get run outs. Boxing out is the epitome of hustle in modern day basketball.
yeah, he's a little like Mo rebounding. Mo was sometimes blocked out multiple guys while another of our guys picked the rebound up off of the floor. the guy blocking out, often doesn't get the rebound, but allows someone else to. That kind of team play wins a lot of games.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Oh that is ugly! but give them some credit for creating something extremely distracting for free throw shooters. No wonder poor Ace was 1-4, having to watch that. Ugly, ugly, ugly!
Maybe we should all call CBSports and complain that our young children watching the game were scared for life at this horrifying sight and ask them to at least rate Davidson home games TV adult only if this continues. So ugly! My, my, my!

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Oh that is ugly! but give them some credit for creating something extremely distracting for free throw shooters. No wonder poor Ace was 1-4, having to watch that. Ugly, ugly, ugly!
Maybe we should all call CBSports and complain that our young children watching the game were scared for life at this horrifying sight and ask them to at least rate Davidson home games TV adult only if this continues. So ugly! My, my, my!
They’ve been doing that for years.

BigE

Elite Member
FKFHMHUWQAAsLiM

So happy VCU pulled out the win last night. After some time to calm down I have to say what an army of a win. With all the foul trouble it literally did take an army to win the game. You knew Davidson was going to go on a run at some point. Thankfully VCU had an answer to that with some huge defensive plays. Obviously, should have never let it get that close but they’ll learn from it. If we make free throws then the game isn’t really that close at the end

In terms of the foul differential, I was more infuriated at the lack of calls against Davidson and the inconsistency . Not so much the fouls called against VCU. VCU put themselves in a bad position defensively and committed some silly fouls. If the refs are going to let Brajkovic be physical and bully his way to the basket, then you have to let VCU do the same on the other end. Can’t let one team be physical but not the other.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
They’ve been doing that for years.
yeah, I've heard that, but never actually seen this. I thought Puke, I mean Duke, fans could be crude, but this is way worse the than Puke.
Speaking of which, has anyone ever thought of eating a huge helping of chili and deliberately walking over in front of them and sticking your finger down your throat and barfing on them. I'd be up for that if I went to one of the games. Would be far less gross than what they are doing and would serve them right!

92VCUpikapp

Elite Member
Who’s in a great mood today? 5 hours of sleep and had an awesome workout this morning. Can’t even tell I had all those Yuengling Lights.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh, my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!
VCU… Go Rams, GO!!!

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
The purposely missed free throw and phantom timeout still gets me. CBS SportsNet and the DC scoreboard showed no timeouts. The CBS announcers mentioned that the scoreboard in the arena showed 0 timeouts for Davidson. That is unacceptable. Now, DeLoach, Baldwin and Brown-Jones all had a chance to ice it and out of a possible 6 points VCU came away with 1. McKillop also purposely had them foul DeLoach.
I am happy as heck that the Rams pulled it out.

Last edited:

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
The purposely missed free throw and phantom timeout still gets me. The CBS SportsNet and the DC scoreboard showed no timeouts. The CBS announcers mentioned that the scoreboard in the arena showed 0 timeouts for Davidson. That is unacceptable. Now, DeLoach, Baldwin and Brown-Jones all had a chance to ice it and out of a possible 6 points VCu came away with 1. McKillop also purposely had them foul DeLoach.
I am happy as heck that the Rams pulled it out.
Agreed

I really hope Wayne asks that question next time he’s with Rhoades

Great win but yeah we almost blew that. Our guards played lights out and besides a few late slip ups, Ace was incredible. However our bigs have to get better. Stockard played descent but a lot of his points were set up by our guards and some incredible pases.

Also what is up with Ward? He went from one of our best players as a freshman last year to seems like he doesn't care or have the energy. He has become a liability and now maybe the third big to come off the bench now.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
Yeah, ironically, Davidson struggled at their place against BMB for the short time he was in. Could've used him in spurts last night.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Great win but yeah we almost blew that. Our guards played lights out and besides a few late slip ups, Ace was incredible. However our bigs have to get better. Stockard played descent but a lot of his points were set up by our guards and some incredible pases.

Also what is up with Ward? He went from one of our best players as a freshman last year to seems like he doesn't care or have the energy. He has become a liability and now maybe the third big to come off the bench now.
Ward is a junior. Anyway, agreed. Last night DeLoach and Brown-Jones with Vince playing the four was more effective on their big man. Stockard does a good job for the most part on opposing bigs too. Ward has trouble when he is guarding an opponents big man.

SteveMM

Elite Member
Is anyone else still trying to recover from a heart attack induced by the last two minutes of that game? Check out host George Templeton's take in the latest Rams Rewind, available at the link or subscribe at your favorite podcast site.