The Official Beat the Davidson Wildcats in North Carolina Thread

JDI

Insider
The purposely missed free throw and phantom timeout still gets me. CBS SportsNet and the DC scoreboard showed no timeouts. The CBS announcers mentioned that the scoreboard in the arena showed 0 timeouts for Davidson. That is unacceptable. Now, DeLoach, Baldwin and Brown-Jones all had a chance to ice it and out of a possible 6 points VCU came away with 1. McKillop also purposely had them foul DeLoach.
I am happy as heck that the Rams pulled it out.
My take on the missing timeout. During one of the earlier timeouts the camera shot showed the scoreboard timeouts and it showed one on the home side. Suddenly the indicator flickered and went out. So the scoreboard showed no timeouts but there was one left. That is why you double check with the scoring table to get the correct count in an important moment in the game.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member

Foster Loyer WISHES he got the kind of action Quagmire does

9502394.jpg

1127942-mole-rat01.jpg

VCU was better than Davidson both games. The team just needs to close better.
The end of games are hard without having the guy who’s your clear best offensive player. Who’s going to be aggressive, where do we go with the ball? VCU has usually had that guy, sometimes more than one.

This exactly…..not in favor of being overly vigilant on displacement in tje block, but Luka took what the refs gave him and got progressively more violent with his arms and elbows as the game wore on. Refs have to make those calls as consistently as they do moving picks on the perimeter.

Credit to Luka and Davidson for taking advantage, but the refs were shamefully biased and seemed to be intimidated by McKillop.
Just want some consistency. If you’re going to let one team be physical then you have to let the other.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
The end of games are hard without having the guy who’s your clear best offensive player. Who’s going to be aggressive, where do we go with the ball? VCU has usually had that guy, sometimes more than one.
Vince is taking that role lately and delivering—he got hamstrung a bit last nite by the phantom third foul which made him a little more passive.

When Vince was out in the first for an extended stanza—Nunn stepped up big into the void too, could be a development down the road.

Key thing is when inferior programs like Davidson resort to making games a FT contest, we have to be better…..not great, but much better.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
The scoreboard is not official. The book is official.
Yes. I realize that. I was saying the announcers said the scoreboard showed zero timeouts and it appeared as if coach instructed Mikeal to miss the shot.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Foster Loyer looks like an extra or bit player from Band of Brothers, who plays an unliked replacement soldier, probably nicknamed something like Brooklyn or Squeeky, who gets quickly killed while looting an enemy corpse.
Someone should share this description with Vince—i think they have history as AAU teammates. At least, i think they said that on the last broadcast. I think Vince would have some fun with that and the @Half-baked Mcbride memes.

VCU85

Elite Member
Has there been any explanation of the phantom timeout ? At this point it sounds like an intentional little b*tch move by McKillup for just that kind of scenario. How did VCU coaches not keep track of that, how did the score board people miss it ?

HBK

Elite Member
Efficiency-wise, he's been one of our best players the last few games according to Bart Torviks stats.
Its because Curry is playing within his role the last few games, nothing more and nothing less. That's exactly what we need from him. He hasn't taken a three in the last 3 or 4 games. His only attempts are at the rim. Play defense, get on the break and take shots at the rim. That's Curry's key to success. I have been tough on him, too, but I think the last 4-5 games have been the best stretch of his career. I'm thrilled for him.