The Official Beat the Davidson Wildcats in North Carolina Thread

Ramdog

Elite Member
The swim team thing was really funny ONCE, but has become creepy.
Ashby on the radio call after Robby mentioned the the “swim team”
”I couldn’t have gone here”

actually their act reminds me of the scene in Rocky where he and Creed were jumping and hugging in the surf ...little cringe worthy.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Yes, I was thinking, Vince is a unique cat who we will compare players down the road to ("He reminds me of Vince Williams!" references), but his comp to our past is closer to Rob Brandenberg than Treveon Graham. Which is no disrespect, guys that help you win, but you can't run the "Tre and Pray" with them as time is winding down. I think Watkins was supposed to be that guy this year, but alas, we fight on without him.
He really defies comparison. The best I can do is if you mashed Brad and Jordan together, or dialled Tre's offense down and his defense, acting, and frustration inducing way up.

Yes, I was thinking, Vince is a unique cat who we will compare players down the road to ("He reminds me of Vince Williams!" references), but his comp to our past is closer to Rob Brandenberg than Treveon Graham. Which is no disrespect, guys that help you win, but you can't run the "Tre and Pray" with them as time is winding down. I think Watkins was supposed to be that guy this year, but alas, we fight on without him.
What’s the chance he’s comes back next year? I believe he will be eligible correct?

VCU Heel

Elite Member
What’s the chance he’s comes back next year? I believe he will be eligible correct?
I’m sure we’d make room for him if he wanted to stay. An underclassmen would have to leave though to make room for his scholarship.

The issues are:
1. Does he want to? He will have the option to go make money as a pro or to transfer to a P5 school and play immediately.
2. Who leaves to make room?
3. Would Vince coming back chase off any underclassmen that would lose minutes that they were expecting to play when he graduated?

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I’m sure we’d make room for him if he wanted to stay. An underclassmen would have to leave though to make room for his scholarship.

The issues are:
1. Does he want to? He will have the option to go make money as a pro or to transfer to a P5 school and play immediately.
3. Would Vince coming back chase off any underclassmen that would lose minutes that they were expecting to play when he graduated?
I may be wrong but I believe the extra COVID year only applies to your current school, no?

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider

The issues are:
I mean Nichols is not even scratching the line up these days.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I mean Nichols is not even scratching the line up these days.
I think he would have to sit out a year after a second transfer. He might not be inclined to do that. And we don’t really know about his eye situation and whether that’s something that may resolve and allow him to get back on the court.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
I think he would have to sit out a year after a second transfer. He might not be inclined to do that. And we don’t really know about his eye situation and whether that’s something that may resolve and allow him to get back on the court.
Heath Houston vibes.

BGDragoon80

Insider
No it wasn’t. We could definitely have picked up a foul and given them 2 FTs. We’ve won a game that route just 5 or so years ago.
That I had assumed the coach would have instructed the players not to get close enough to foul.