The Official Beat the Davidson Wildcats in North Carolina Thread

VCU Heel

Elite Member
That I had assumed the coach would have instructed the players not to get close enough to foul.
Nunn was pretty close to that guy on his halfcourt heave. You still have to at least give a little resistance on that.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
No it wasn’t. We could definitely have picked up a foul and given them 2 FTs. We’ve won a game that route just 5 or so years ago.
Yup. 0.4 second is in fact the minimum amount of time for any sort of active play (i.e. catch and shoot, as opposed to a tip-in). Something still could have gone wrong during that time.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Exactly. A crybaby and he somehow got the officials to review a foul call against him when we played them at the Stu last week.
272790820_6886922401381463_3590752445716421246_n.jpg

PhantomRam

Elite Member
I heard the whistle blow at the end of the game and my heart sank. I assume it was technically a whistle confirming he did not get the shot off in time. The shot would have been no good even if it went in.

Reactions: HBK

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Nice block by MBJ!
Will that is very understated. I’d say one hellacious block.
AND the deflected just stolen reception? I could watch this over, and over, and over... in fact I just have. This is pure court GENIUS, beyond bold, and balls the size of a rhino, especially after the team having been ref hacked all night.
This does indeed deserve several looks.
And MBJ right at the end is shouting something, perhaps victorious exaltation, at what looks like our bench.
The defensive beauty of this whole thing just gets me giddy. Abso-freakin-lute deliciousness.

PhantomRam

Elite Member
Some of us on here (including me) denounce MR for not show more "emotion" towards the refs. I am certainly not going to denounce an opposing coach for doing so. Most good coaches work the refs. I really wish MR would have thrown a chair last night (well, not really).

zackry93

Elite Member
Insider
I may be wrong but I believe the extra COVID year only applies to your current school, no?
No. Last year didn't count for anybodies eligibility so he will have an extra year even if he transfers. The only thing that applied to the current school was that players like Levi don't count towards the scholarship limit this year if they stay at the same school. Next year everyone will count towards the limit even super seniors.

Gopher+RamFan

Elite Member
Some of us on here (including me) denounce MR for not show more "emotion" towards the refs. I am certainly not going to denounce an opposing coach for doing so. Most good coaches work the refs. I really wish MR would have thrown a chair last night (well, not really).
Yeah, McKillop was on the referees from the jump last night. I think it showed in the box score too with all their free throw attempts. We certainly committed a lot of legitimate fouls, but they called more offensive fouls on us than Davidson which doesn’t make sense to me (especially with the way they play).

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Vince is pure Ram, nothing but, and has been since day 1.
I've known it since I shook his hand and saw the look in his eye on his official. Wish I could have taken a pic of that look on his face. Of all the visiting prospective hoopers here, he was easily the most predictable based on look on their faces.

He knew what he wanted on day 1.