The Official Beat the Davidson Wildcats in North Carolina Thread

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
Ideally yes, they don’t extend their defense much and really emphasize defensive rebounding as a team, so hard to get much of an advantage with ORs—but limiting their ORs and not putting them on the line would tip the balance in our direction, provided we take care of the rock.
You have to pick your poison with them. They shoot so many 3s, so if you crash the glass, they'll get even more rebounds, long ones, and it's always easier to hit 3s after rebounds and the defense is scrambling. And when their bigs get short rebounds, they can easily pass out for the open 3. It sucks.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
My first memory of Davidson was the AWFUL NIT game at the Stu...I was there and pre game I was like "Oh yea, we're gonna stomp these dudes"....at half time I was like "OK, OK....little tighter than I thought, that little 7-2 run sucked, but we should get this and move on"......walking out, I was like "HOW THE F#$K DID WE LOSE THAT GAME?!?!?!"

that 7-2 run to end the half turned into a 26-5 run when it was all said and done

UGH!!!! Such a cruddy memory....Let's get this one tonight!!!!

Go Rams!!!
That game SUCKED

mrA10

Elite Member
Ideally yes, they don’t extend their defense much and really emphasize defensive rebounding as a team, so hard to get much of an advantage with ORs—but limiting their ORs and not putting them on the line would tip the balance in our direction, provided we take care of the rock.
I get what you are saying and you aren't wrong, but with our shooting %, we can't afford to just say "they are good at that so we won't try to get OR's".

Dalai Rama

Elite Member
My first memory of Davidson was the AWFUL NIT game at the Stu...I was there and pre game I was like "Oh yea, we're gonna stomp these dudes"....at half time I was like "OK, OK....little tighter than I thought, that little 7-2 run sucked, but we should get this and move on"......walking out, I was like "HOW THE F#$K DID WE LOSE THAT GAME?!?!?!"

that 7-2 run to end the half turned into a 26-5 run when it was all said and done

UGH!!!! Such a cruddy memory....Let's get this one tonight!!!!

Go Rams!!!
I was at that game and was warning everybody that would listen that it would be a rough game. No one believed me and were very confident of the win.

Last edited:

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
I get what you are saying and you aren't wrong, but with our shooting %, we can't afford to just say "they are good at that so we won't try to get OR's".
We should definitely try to get ORs, i agree. On the shooting %, if you look at the numbers since Ace got back, they are pretty decent, unfortunately, the TOs are still a significant and solvable problem—that and not getting to the line is what has been dragging our offensive efficiency down.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member

That is morbidly fascinating....My 13 year old son LOVES asking me 13 year old boy questions.....last Davidson game, as it was all going down the pooper for us late in the 2nd half, he asked "would you rather have a good offense or a good defense?"

I said "Questions like these are why I love your sister more"

Seriously though, I answered...."I'd like both".

At this point?? These Rams are what they are....but maybe, just maybe....if each game a guy or two just gives us a little more offensive efficiency?? We could bring that up to 65 or even (gasp) 66 PPG

Also, I just thought of a new gameplan....someone should punch Foster Loyer in his stupid face during warmups...just a thought

(FYI...a little salty language at the 1:36 mark) :D

92VCUpikapp

Elite Member
Serious question, is something up with Stockard? I know he was sick recently, but man he seems so disinterested on the court and on the bench. It might just be a game face thing (i.e.-Juvonte) but it seems like he is just going through the motions and doing his time.

Thoughts or inside intel?

Need him to have a huge game tonight. VCU…Go Rams, GO!