The Official Beat the Davidson Wildcats in North Carolina Thread

272821511_6886953048045065_6652430722691192349_n.jpg
He took and angle where couldn’t foul when he landed. It would have been easy to that guy who would probably can all 3. There was a scrum afterwords that ended with the ball in MBJs hands. His hustle saved it.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Its because Curry is playing within his role the last few games, nothing more and nothing less. That's exactly what we need from him. He hasn't taken a three in the last 3 or 4 games. His only attempts are at the rim. Play defense, get on the break and take shots at the rim. That's Curry's key to success. I have been tough on him, too, but I think the last 4-5 games have been the best stretch of his career. I'm thrilled for him.
^^^^THIS^^^^ now if he could just pull back slightly on steal attempts so that he is not flying or sliding by his man that would be great

Dalai Rama

Elite Member
Vince is taking that role lately and delivering—he got hamstrung a bit last nite by the phantom third foul which made him a little more passive.

When Vince was out in the first for an extended stanza—Nunn stepped up big into the void too, could be a development down the road.

Key thing is when inferior programs like Davidson resort to making games a FT contest, we have to be better…..not great, but much better.
Vince's third foul was an obvious and unnecessary shoulder check to a player crossing the lane.

Last edited:

Ramlove81

Elite Member
The commentators also said he should miss the FT on purpose. I won't say there's a conspiracy, but some weird things sure do happen against us....
Radio guys also said he should miss it, time out or not. I can see that. I think DC may have gotten a little more time than they should have. Securing a rebound and calling time out in .3 seconds is real iffy in my book.

Ram20ROB

Elite Member
They had 1 timeout showing until the refs went to the monitor to check the time and increased it from 0.3 to 0.7 seconds. Davidson did not call a timeout, but for some reason the timeout was removed from the scoreboard and the TV broadcast.

That definitely is something to confuse the crowd, but the coaches have to do a better job there. One of the assistants should have gone to the scorer’s table before those 2 FTs to confirm the timeout situation.

VCU Heel is absolutely spot on. Look at our bench - for most games we have more guys in suits than we have in uniform. 15 guys coaching or assisting. Each team always has one guy who usually goes to the scorer's table every timeout to check fouls and timeouts. With so many people on our bench "helping out" how is it that Davidson and the refs knew they had a timeout and we didn't? We got away with it last night but I hope we learned something for the future.

irradiated_ram

Insider
In terms of the foul differential, I was more infuriated at the lack of calls against Davidson and the inconsistency . Not so much the fouls called against VCU. VCU put themselves in a bad position defensively and committed some silly fouls. If the refs are going to let Brajkovic be physical and bully his way to the basket, then you have to let VCU do the same on the other end. Can’t let one team be physical but not the other.
Definitely. Mo couldn't get away with even a quarter of what Brajkovic can.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Vince's third foul was an obvious and unnecessary shoulder check to a player crossing the lane.
And Luka had obvious, but quite necessary (to get off his shot) push offs all game long for Davidson and none were called until the one Vince picked up on him.
And shoulder check when someone is crossing the lane are pretty normal, if technically illegal. Was it necessary? Did it disrupt the flow of their offense? If so, maybe it wasn't absolutely necessary, but little things like that are what make you a top five defense in the country.