The Official Beat The Davidson Wildcats in the Animal Thread

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
1. VCU Wins!
2. VCU again went perfect at the FT line (19-19.... a new record)
3. Marcus Evans had a heck of a game tonight & as @mglitos & Robby said.... looked liked Junior year Marcus Evans out there tonight.
4. DJ had a heck of a game & is having a heck of a February.
5. Vann had another solid game tonight
6. Corey played a lot of meaningful minutes tonight & played pretty well, despite foul trouble.
7. Bones had nice assist to Hason Ward for the dunk.
8. Good to see Vince back out on the court tonight
9. VCU forced 21 turnovers, and Had 12 steals

Only real issue I had at the game tonight.... So VCU was up 15-2, Davidson calls a timeout, near the end of the timeout... the Broadcast guy goes out of his way to get a quick word with Coach Rhoades.... and continues while the game is going on.... then on top of that, he asks one of our assistants near the end of the bench to move so he can sit down & report from the bench. During this whole charade by the ESPN broadcaster.... Davidson goes on an 11-0 run. Not trying to make excuses for our team... but how you can you really focus with all that going on right there on the bench?

MR seemed a little upset when the guy came over to poach for an interview instead of waiting until either at the end of the 1st half or before the start of the 2nd half like most reporters do. This ain't the NBA you don't do interviews during the middle of a timeout. Heck, even in the NBA they wait until between quarters.

The assistants & the trainers on the end of the bench seemed a little ticked off too.

I'm sorry but why did we let this happen? Could you imagine if we were losing at the time, this guy pulled this stunt? I'm sorry I don't care if you're Dan Dakich, Dick Vitale, Jay Bilas.... or any other College Basketball Broadcaster/Analyst on any other network.... under no circumstances should they be going over to a coach during the middle of the game. You wanna get an interview.... wait for them by the tunnel near the end of the first half, or as they come out for the 2nd have. And also under no circumstances should these guys be allowed on the team bench while a game is active. You wanna get a post game interview there.... fine. Not during the game.

I'm not going to lie.... if I was MR.... I woulda not only said no.... but I woulda snapped on the guy on live TV. I woulda been like "Why are you coming to me during the middle of a game? Is there a death or serious illness in my family? If not, you better GTFO of my face..... I got a game to worry about. You want interviews, wait til halftime, or after the game."

And I wouldn't care if I got fined for it.... absolutely inexcusable by that ESPN guy. Whoever he was. Didn't recognize it.

Last edited:

vcubob

Insider
Apr 19, 2009
Our second team kicks ass. Douglas, Bones, Keyshuan, shall I go on?
I thought DJ had one of his better games. Makes a couple defensive plays he does not make last year, didn't lose the ball dribbling through traffic , Seven rebounds, 2 of 3 from deep and 5-11 from the floor. Evans played well too. {Curry only played 2 minutes n the 2nd half. } I hope Vann is OK

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Well that was an entirely uninspired 2nd half. Loved to see ME let the O come to him. Very nice job. Is there a layup shot percentage calculated because we came in below the minimum to be recorded. Nice win. Workmanlike even. Could have easily been 30. Heck ME was so open he couldn't believe it and rushed it with no one within 8 feet. So many layups. At least that's not our usual problem. We be OK.

Now wow! Seniors showed up to play. DJ was incredible and ME did those ME things that we expected to see every night. Bones had some issues guarding his guys. Didn't expect that. Dude forgot to sit down and get in front. That is easily fixed. He's a kid.

ME played the most incredible on ball D I've seen in a long time. A complete game for him. I hope we see more of this.

Onto the next at 17-6. Let's see if we got what it takes to get to the dance. Must have road wins. fur and SLU. Maybe even we play 40 minutes and sneak one out against the Fayers. I'm holding the Kool Aid for a week or two.

Reactions: cabell and RAM7889

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
I thought DJ had one of his better games. Makes a couple defensive plays he does not make last year, didn't lose the ball dribbling through traffic , Seven rebounds, 2 of 3 from deep and 5-11 from the floor. Evans played well too. {Curry only played 2 minutes n the 2nd half. } I hope Vann is OK
Dude had one of his best games we've seen from him. The total game. Starting to be THE GUY. High time he decided to be the scary good player he is. I'm happy with this. He's our best player by a large margin and needs to be the guy. He's certainly up to it.