The Official Beat The Davidson Wildcats in the Animal Thread

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
A trend that concerns me is the defensive rebounding. Perhaps not so much from the stat sheet, but it seems that when we lose the defensive board other teams are scoring either 2 or 3 at a very high level. Davidson did this last night and it is so frustrating to watch. We play good defense, but are outhusteled to the board. This is one key reason we can’t keep big leads. That, and offensive lulls that come from poor shot selection or little to no sets or little to no ball movement. We are not good at all in the 1 on 1 offensive game.
We have been out rebounded all year....that probably will not change...unfortunately

rollins77

Top Member
Insider
May 1, 2009
well I didnt hear him say that so ;)

I would be curious if he is trying to say that he knew going in that Hason would be a liability and that is why he played so little or he was able to determine that in his two minutes of play? At any rate, Bones got 15 minutes of play regardless
To paraphrase Coach's postgame comments, Davidson is a difficult offense for freshmen to prepare for.

May 19, 2015
That kid Hyunjung Lee is gonna be a hand full for years to come. Nice find by McKillop and crew.
Me too. Very nice young couple and we all welcomed them.
I will add I had a nice group of Davidson fans next to me. They were polite and respectful. Not a lot of interaction, but that’s the way it should be if your a visiting fan base.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
He said “MCL”, very meaningful difference.

thank you. I didnt hear that part well.

ppl need to listen to the ME segment from 11:25 - 13:mark. very enlightening.

Oct 18, 2017
DisplacedRamblings--

1.-- Return of the Deuce! he was nasty on D and lethal on O, and it can't be overstated how HUGE this would be for the team if he can keep this up to close out his collegiate career.
2.-- Speaking of the D, I thought this game was totally over after the first 10 minutes or so of game time because we were making it SO difficult for them to bring the ball up the court and that never really changed.
3.-- The crowd got certifiably L-O-U-D at key moments of the game, which was awesome.
4.-- Gotta mention the foul disparity and if you take away the intentional fouls they had towards the end that disparity just grows. There was a large chunk of the game where every time they brought the ball down the court they were getting bailed out by BS fouls. If anyone that had a closer look wants to argue that the foul disparity was deserved then I'm all ears.
5.-- Despite the BS fouls, we were comfortably in the lead the entire game which bodes well for our composure.
6.-- The Bones>>>Big Haas oop connection was 😍😍😍 and I am having a hard time figuring out why Hason did not get more playing time?
7.-- In that vein, I was itching to see Jaren and Tre. Would have liked to have seen them get at least 4-5 minutes of run.
Re 4
DisplacedRamblings--

1.-- Return of the Deuce! he was nasty on D and lethal on O, and it can't be overstated how HUGE this would be for the team if he can keep this up to close out his collegiate career.
2.-- Speaking of the D, I thought this game was totally over after the first 10 minutes or so of game time because we were making it SO difficult for them to bring the ball up the court and that never really changed.
3.-- The crowd got certifiably L-O-U-D at key moments of the game, which was awesome.
4.-- Gotta mention the foul disparity and if you take away the intentional fouls they had towards the end that disparity just grows. There was a large chunk of the game where every time they brought the ball down the court they were getting bailed out by BS fouls. If anyone that had a closer look wants to argue that the foul disparity was deserved then I'm all ears.
5.-- Despite the BS fouls, we were comfortably in the lead the entire game which bodes well for our composure.
6.-- The Bones>>>Big Haas oop connection was 😍😍😍 and I am having a hard time figuring out why Hason did not get more playing time?
7.-- In that vein, I was itching to see Jaren and Tre. Would have liked to have seen them get at least 4-5 minutes of run.
Regarding foul disparity. Mark Plansky, said it best during the game. You keep hacking and holding all day because the refs can't call fouls on every play. I just watched the game again after reading your comment #4, and that is completely off base. It's great to support your team. They won. It doesn't make the win any better to fabricate stories.

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
Re 4

Regarding foul disparity. Mark Plansky, said it best during the game. You keep hacking and holding all day because the refs can't call fouls on every play. I just watched the game again after reading your comment #4, and that is completely off base. It's great to support your team. They won. It doesn't make the win any better to fabricate stories.
You can't spell Davidson College without D, but you can certainly get a scholarship there without playing it.

Nov 19, 2019
A trend that concerns me is the defensive rebounding. Perhaps not so much from the stat sheet, but it seems that when we lose the defensive board other teams are scoring either 2 or 3 at a very high level. Davidson did this last night and it is so frustrating to watch. We play good defense, but are outhusteled to the board. This is one key reason we can’t keep big leads. That, and offensive lulls that come from poor shot selection or little to no sets or little to no ball movement. We are not good at all in the 1 on 1 offensive game.
we never follow a shot.?????

Reactions: JustabigFan

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Re 4

If there was a foul disparity last night, it was because TV Ted Valentine and the rest of the three blind mice refused to call Grady for pushing off EVERY time he drove to the basket. Every time he drove to the basket, he forearmed his defender to create space. He should have fouled out three times last night. Grady kept Davidson in the game, but it would have been a much worse outcome for Davidson if the refs had not swallowed their whistles every time Grady pushed off driving to the basket.