The Official Beat The Davidson Wildcats in the Animal Thread

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013

GAME DAY!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!
Today is National Wear Red Day for heart health awareness. But tonight we play Davidson. Game Day superstition requires that I wear black and gold today. Decisions... decisions....
NO DECISION AT ALL. THAT WAS EASY!!!!! (as he goes to the office decked in VCU gear!) 😎

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009

GAME DAY!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!
Today is National Wear Red Day for heart health awareness. But tonight we play Davidson. Game Day superstition requires that I wear black and gold today. Decisions... decisions....
NO DECISION AT ALL. THAT WAS EASY!!!!! (as he goes to the office decked in VCU gear!) 😎
Hoping to re-purpose this same GIF around 9PM tonight...Go Rams!

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
This is a trap game today. Davidson has more talent than their resume suggests. I know everyone says we "NEED" to win every game we're about to play, but I feel like losing this game really will kill any NCAA tourney hopes we have. We're already projected out by a lot of people and barely hanging on for most others. Losing to a team with Davidson's resume AT HOME would be the nail in the coffin. Losing would require AT LEAST beating Dayton and winning one of our other Q1 road games OR winning the A10 tourney to make the big dance this year. Neither of those options seem very likely. Even if we win tonight, we need to steal an away game @ UR or SLU AND can't lose any home games from tonight on (except Dayton), IMHO.

92VCUpikapp

Top Member
Dec 21, 2010
This is a trap game today. Davidson has more talent than their resume suggests. I know everyone says we "NEED" to win every game we're about to play, but I feel like losing this game really will kill any NCAA tourney hopes we have. We're already projected out by a lot of people and barely hanging on for most others. Losing to a team with Davidson's resume AT HOME would be the nail in the coffin. Losing would require AT LEAST beating Dayton and winning one of our other Q1 road games OR winning the A10 tourney to make the big dance this year. Neither of those options seem very likely. Even if we win tonight, we need to steal an away game @ UR or SLU AND can't lose any home games from tonight on (except Dayton), IMHO.
Can’t disagree. This is a MUST win game. Hope the boys got their heads straight Saturday after some Top Golf, and hit the BDC hard Sunday thru Thursday. Need some fire, fight and no fear tonight. Need to study the matchups, but I’m thinking this is a Jenkins and MSS game.

Reactions: mrA10 and mrgeode

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Can’t disagree. This is a MUST win game. Hope the boys got their heads straight Saturday after some Top Golf, and hit the BDC hard Sunday thru Thursday. Need some fire, fight and no fear tonight. Need to study the matchups, but I’m thinking this is a Jenkins and MSS game.
Feelin good for this one!!!

Agree on the Deri/MSS combo.....After MSS's results (or lack thereof) vs Rhody?? I'm expecting some positively purposeful paint production.....pronto!!

Also, would LOVE to see ME have a game....concussions are serious business, and if you've ever had one? you know how the after-effects can linger.

Our week of perdition has ended!!!
Go Rams!!!

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Feelin good for this one!!!

Agree on the Deri/MSS combo.....After MSS's results (or lack thereof) vs Rhody?? I'm expecting some positively purposeful paint production.....pronto!!

Also, would LOVE to see ME have a game....concussions are serious business, and if you've ever had one? you know how the after-effects can linger.

Our week of perdition has ended!!!
Go Rams!!!
How can you not like a post that uses the word "perdition"?

Go Ram's

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
At this stage of the season and based on where VCU is as a team, every game is now a trap game unless the A10 opponent is Dayton. We simply have to win. Not a lot of analysis, not a lot to it at all actually.

If this team is going to achieve the goal of first gaining a bid to the NCAA tournament we must win, simple.

No get our there and provide some energy the will help the guys achieve the goal!

Go Rams!

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
I feel like losing this game really will kill any NCAA tourney hopes we have. Losing to a team with Davidson's resume AT HOME would be the nail in the coffin.
Hard disagree. It would be a Q3 loss, which every other team on the bubble has at least one.

Edit: I mean this in terms of resume only. I think you're right in the sense that if we haven't learned our lessons after last Friday, we're probably not gonna be winning those crucial games in a couple of weeks.

Last edited: