The Official Beat The Davidson Wildcats in the Animal Thread

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
This is a trap game today. Davidson has more talent than their resume suggests. I know everyone says we "NEED" to win every game we're about to play, but I feel like losing this game really will kill any NCAA tourney hopes we have. We're already projected out by a lot of people and barely hanging on for most others. Losing to a team with Davidson's resume AT HOME would be the nail in the coffin. Losing would require AT LEAST beating Dayton and winning one of our other Q1 road games OR winning the A10 tourney to make the big dance this year. Neither of those options seem very likely. Even if we win tonight, we need to steal an away game @ UR or SLU AND can't lose any home games from tonight on (except Dayton), IMHO.
Big trouble if we lose tonight. On our quest to get to 24 wins by Selection Sunday (i.e. likely at-large/NET comfort zone), a loss tonight damages that likelihood. The next 5 weeks (guaranteed 10 games) will be a dogfight to try to carve out these last 7-8 wins. Otherwise, we’ll be sweating big-time on Selection Sunday with a pre-Sunday loss in Brooklyn.

Realistically, this is one you have to get. Home game, NET 95/KP 89 opponent, no Frampton/Pritchett, UR/Dayton/St Louis gauntlet on the horizon, etc.

Drop it and move to 16-7, 6-4, the margin of error going forward is practically nil.

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
Tonight shouldn’t be a problem, Senior night is when you will need to be focused.

Reactions: umwram

AlienAiden

Insider
May 3, 2012
Sorry, VCU split with them in 2016-17 so they have won the last two not the last three.

Reactions: SWV

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Feelin good for this one!!!

Agree on the Deri/MSS combo.....After MSS's results (or lack thereof) vs Rhody?? I'm expecting some positively purposeful paint production.....pronto!!

Also, would LOVE to see ME have a game....concussions are serious business, and if you've ever had one? you know how the after-effects can linger.

Our week of perdition has ended!!!
Go Rams!!!
Coach said ME has been playing with a swollen ACL during this weekend's radi show.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
This is a trap game today. Davidson has more talent than their resume suggests. I know everyone says we "NEED" to win every game we're about to play, but I feel like losing this game really will kill any NCAA tourney hopes we have. We're already projected out by a lot of people and barely hanging on for most others. Losing to a team with Davidson's resume AT HOME would be the nail in the coffin. Losing would require AT LEAST beating Dayton and winning one of our other Q1 road games OR winning the A10 tourney to make the big dance this year. Neither of those options seem very likely. Even if we win tonight, we need to steal an away game @ UR or SLU AND can't lose any home games from tonight on (except Dayton), IMHO.
if dusquene contain can beat SLU by 14 on the.road...so can we...

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Well, I certainly hope that this VCU team does come with energy because I for one remember the last 3 meetings.
Exactly!!! We’ve lost 3 of the the last 4 to these guys. If the team is taking them for granted, we have bigger issues.

Reactions: mrA10

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
At this stage of the season and based on where VCU is as a team, every game is now a trap game unless the A10 opponent is Dayton. We simply have to win. Not a lot of analysis, not a lot to it at all actually.

If this team is going to achieve the goal of first gaining a bid to the NCAA tournament we must win, simple.

No get our there and provide some energy the will help the guys achieve the goal!

Go Rams!
I think we could drop the Dayton game and one of UR or SLU and be ok if we win out the rest.