The Official Beat The Davidson Wildcats in the Animal Thread

thelonious_chunk

Top Member
Jun 17, 2014
He said “MCL”, very meaningful difference.
Coach said ME has been playing with a swollen ACL during this weekend's radi show.
ACLs and MCLs don’t swell. They stretch or tear. He would have a swollen knee which would be functionally the same regardless of ligament and would make playing pretty uncomfortable. Perhaps coach meant a sprain or partial tear of MCL leading to a swollen knee. A full tear of either would be the end of his college days. I feel bad for ME, those injuries just never stopped coming.

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
Hard disagree. It would be a Q3 loss, which every other team on the bubble has at least one.

Edit: I mean this in terms of resume only. I think you're right in the sense that if we haven't learned our lessons after last Friday, we're probably not gonna be winning those crucial games in a couple of weeks.
I disagree. Just because other teams on the bubble have a Q3 loss doesn’t mean it’s ok that we do. One of the only redeeming qualities of our resume is that we have no Q3 losses. We only have LSU in Q1 and that’s super shaky. Most bubble teams are better than us in the Q1 and Q2 fields so maybe their Q3 losses even out. We don’t have much to equalize a Q3 loss right now. We may still be a bubble team if we lose tonight, but it’d definitely be the wrong side of the bubble and would take a win against Dayton to get us back.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
ACLs and MCLs don’t swell. They stretch or tear. He would have a swollen knee which would be functionally the same regardless of ligament and would make playing pretty uncomfortable. Perhaps coach meant a sprain or partial tear of MCL leading to a swollen knee. A full tear of either would be the end of his college days. I feel bad for ME, those injuries just never stopped coming.
you can tell my medical degree from Granada has proven to be valuable...

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Right, just figured we ought to get the right ligament identified before even venturing into the nature of the injury. Having lived through tears to both at different times, there is a decided difference in the nature, limitations and treatment.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
I disagree. Just because other teams on the bubble have a Q3 loss doesn’t mean it’s ok that we do. One of the only redeeming qualities of our resume is that we have no Q3 losses. We only have LSU in Q1 and that’s super shaky. Most bubble teams are better than us in the Q1 and Q2 fields so maybe their Q3 losses even out. We don’t have much to equalize a Q3 loss right now. We may still be a bubble team if we lose tonight, but it’d definitely be the wrong side of the bubble and would take a win against Dayton to get us back.
This is 100% a bid, as would be a loss to Dayton and two wins at fur/SLU. Additionally, a loss to Dayton + winning just one of fur/SLU and a semifinal win against Rhody would lock us in.

Screenshot_20200207-175011.png

Reactions: RamFanatic