The Official Beat The Fayers in Ohio Thread

Scuffy McGee

Top Member
Jan 23, 2010
Dayton will be favored in this one by a lot but I want to get back to playing the underdog role. Get in, take care of business, get out.

Reactions: RamStrut

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Dayton will be favored in this one by a lot but I want to get back to playing the underdog role. Get in, take care of business, get out.
As the preseason favorite to win the A-10, if VCU is playing the underdog role, then they have not taken care of business. There is only one A-10 game that VCU should be the underdog, and that is at Dayton. All other A-10 games, VCU SHOULD be favored and needs to start playing up to those expectations.

Scuffy McGee

Top Member
Jan 23, 2010
As the preseason favorite to win the A-10, if VCU is playing the underdog role, then they have not taken care of business. There is only one A-10 game that VCU should be the underdog, and that is at Dayton. All other A-10 games, VCU SHOULD be favored and needs to start playing up to those expectations.
whole heartedly agree. I think VCU listened to people talk about how good they were supposed to be. VCU has under achieved thus far. No denying that. Need to get it together quickly. VCU is staring 12-5, 2-2 in the face which has mediocrity written all over it.

Natty

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 12, 2009
Last season we beat them by 5 at our place and by 1 in their arena and they are a MUCH better team this season than last season, whereas we seem to have somehow, someway, regressed a bit (our adjusted offensive and defensive efficiencies are both down, so we statistically are in fact a bit worse than last year).

What worries me the most on top of all of that is they rank No.1 in the nation in offensive effective field goal percentage thanks to finishing 62.3% of their twos. Coming off a game where we shot just 38.5% inside the arc, I just think they are going to absolutely woodshed us. That's not me jumping off the bandwagon. I'm with the Rams forever. I want us to win, but right now we have just done nothing against good teams outside of an emotional 2-point win at home against LSU.

Dayton will be the best team we've played yet by a good bit and we play them on the road. They are statistically CONSIDERABLY better than Wichita State where we trailed by 12 at the half in front of "just" 10,000 people. Against 13k, in a rivalry game, I just think this one could get ugly.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Last season we beat them by 5 at our place and by 1 in their arena and they are a MUCH better team this season than last season, whereas we seem to have somehow, someway, regressed a bit (our adjusted offensive and defensive efficiencies are both down, so we statistically are in fact a bit worse than last year).

What worries me the most on top of all of that is they rank No.1 in the nation in offensive effective field goal percentage thanks to finishing 62.3% of their twos. Coming off a game where we shot just 38.5% inside the arc, I just think they are going to absolutely woodshed us. That's not me jumping off the bandwagon. I'm with the Rams forever. I want us to win, but right now we have just done nothing against good teams outside of an emotional 2-point win at home against LSU.

Dayton will be the best team we've played yet by a good bit and we play them on the road. They are statistically CONSIDERABLY better than Wichita State where we trailed by 12 at the half in front of "just" 10,000 people. Against 13k, in a rivalry game, I just think this one could get ugly.
If Toppin is out with a sprained ankle, that number could drop considerably.