The Official Beat The Fayers of Dayton in The Animal Thread

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
We played well. Glad to be 11-4. But I have to honest about Dayton too.
This post I fully agree with, I don’t think Dayton is special, that’s why I wasn’t bent out of shape like others when I saw that we were favored by -5.5.

But coming on the board 3 hours after we win a game that many of us felt was a must win and just saying “Dayton isn’t very good ” is piss poor analysis.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah, that dude gets very agitated if you say anything even remotely critical of the team and coach. You're right though Dayton isn't good this year. They lost to Fordham. We played great regardless and I don't think your post put down our team in any way.
I’d be lying if I said I don’t get agitated on this forum, but I’ve never had an issue with someone who criticizes MR, the staff, and/or a player if the criticism is warranted and in a fair manner. I’m not a positive Facebook page guy who would f/ck a rainbow fart from anyone on that page, but im also not a Good-Bad-Ugly Facebook page guy because I actually started watching basketball before 2012.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Bonnies squeaking out a win against DU hurts knowing we had that team down and with today’s win we could have been in cruise control over the A10. Given we probably don’t play with the same intensity today if we didn’t blow it against SBU.
Fair point, but Bona has played Duquesne twice in 8 days so I imagine Duquesne has some tape on them so a close game isn’t surprising.

Still frustrating though.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
I am Raptors fan (no kidding), I almost feel like Ward is more like Chris Boucher minus the outside shooting. Especially when it comes to blocking shots.
Go back to Pascal’s college days and the comp makes more sense— the open question is whether Ward’s trajectory is the same with development.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Fair point, but Bona has played Duquesne twice in 8 days so I imagine Duquesne has some tape on them so a close game isn’t surprising.

Still frustrating though.
I would like to know what Dambrot and his staff to cause all almost all his starting guards and wings to transfer mid season?

Ululating Daddy

Top Member
Jan 13, 2016
Watched the game on my DVR last night, and I thought the team really looked really connected. Not like the last game, which devolved into a group of individuals. Keep playing together, and they'll be just fine.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Well..... all sentient beings know it's not so there must be some real gems on that team.

I have no idea what you and @rollins just said. All I can hear is Dr. Emmit Brown and Patrick Stewart (Charles Xavier)' voices while reading those posts.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Dayton isn’t very good.
Dayton is a lot like us. They can look really good (wins against Ole Miss and Mississippi State) or they can look pretty bad (loss to Fordham and that first half against us). They lost a lot of important players off of last year’s team. Got a lot of guys in different roles and new guys on the team. They are a better team than they showed yesterday, but we had something to do with their performance, too.