The Official Beat The Fayers of Dayton in The Animal Thread

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
@2012Ram thoughts on the game and our team?
Happy to see a bounce back and thrilled to see it to that magnitude, esp against the fayers.

The big takeaways I had were:
  • Mike seemed to have a much shorter leash for players when they fudgeed up, which is great. Our team does not value ball security whatsoever and yanking them when they do stupid poop with the ball is a great way to instill some
  • Ward is emerging in a big way. I've seen more than a few suggestions that he's a Larry Sanders type talent and I don't think I'm there yet but if he keeps playing like he has the past two games I think it moves farther away from fan hype and more into a real possibility
  • Dayton sucks this year
  • I don't know if Dayton couldn't exploit it or if it got fixed but that autobahn our defense allowed rhody and bona to have to our rim seemed closed
  • I still think that ace is the key to our team playing well. He couldn't get his shot but he kept the ball moving and that allowed bones to do his thing
  • Watkins is slumping right now but he will get back in the groove soon
  • I think it's criminal that Curry gets more minutes than Clark but I thought that was one of Curry's better contributions this year. It also was hilarious when he gambled for a steal and you could hear Mike screaming "WHY?"
  • MBJs dunk was awesome. Dunno what we have w him but if i had to bet, I think he will be good a couple years down the line
  • I'd say 10 to 1 odds that Banks is gone at the end of the season. Call it a hunch but his body language on the bench seems to indicate he's checked out.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Happy to see a bounce back and thrilled to see it to that magnitude, esp against the fayers.

• Mike seemed to have a much shorter leash for players when they fudgeed up, which is great. Our team does not value ball security whatsoever and yanking them when they do stupid poop with the ball is a great way to instill some
  • Ward is emerging in a big way. I've seen more than a few suggestions that he's a Larry Sanders type talent and I don't think I'm there yet but if he keeps playing like he has the past two games I think it moves farther away from fan hype and more into a real possibility
  • Dayton sucks this year
  • I don't know if Dayton couldn't exploit it or if it got fixed but that autobahn our defense allowed rhody and bona to have to our rim seemed closed
  • I still think that ace is the key to our team playing well. He couldn't get his shot but he kept the ball moving and that allowed bones to do his thing
  • I think it's criminal that Curry gets more minutes than Clark but I thought that was one of Curry's better contributions this year. It also was hilarious when he gambled for a steal and you could hear Mike screaming "WHY?"
  • MBJs dunk was awesome. Dunno what we have w him but if i had to bet, I think he will be good a couple years down the line
  • I'd say 10 to 1 odds that Banks is gone at the end of the season. Call it a hunch but his body language on the bench seems to indicate he's checked out.
I feel less confident about this than my URI bet, but I'll take you up on that. Loser makes a donation to winner's choice of charity? I would just bet you a beer but I'm even less confident I'll be back in a bar by the time transfers are announced.

Reactions: connell

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
I feel less confident about this than my URI bet, but I'll take you up on that. Loser makes a donation to winner's choice of charity? I would just bet you a beer but I'm even less confident I'll be back in a bar by the time transfers are announced.
Let's say loser donates 50 to charity and deadline is tipoff next year

Reactions: mrgeode

onelasttime

Top Member
Insider
Mar 12, 2016
LOL

"Mike Rhodes kind of ran up the score near the end much later than when Anthony Grant conceded, which was puzzling and a little infuriating, but it is what it is. . . . The loss really is a fluke. "

Is it possible to "run up the score" when you barely score at all?

For better or worse, style points actually matter in college basketball. All business.
But also, the second half score was almost even.

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009

• Dayton sucks this year
Yeah, I’m kinda’ worried about your last bullet point.

KentuckyRam

Insider
Jul 16, 2009

• Dayton sucks this year
Got to wonder what is going on with Banks. Looked good early on.

Reactions: 2012Ram

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I have complete faith in the coaches making the best decisions with respect to team composition. They know what kids we’re getting and how the guys that are here are doing. Just a curiosity question.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
Got to wonder what is going on with Banks. Looked good early on.

When Curry was out due to injury he got regular playing time I recall. The minutes just don't seem to be there at the moment. He is a guard and we have a pretty fantastic group of guards playing in front of him. I would of course hate to see him go, hopefully he doesn't feel like he would need to travel elsewhere in search of a better opportunity for himself.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
When Curry was out due to injury he got regular playing time I recall. The minutes just don't seem to be there at the moment. He is a guard and we have a pretty fantastic group of guards playing in front of him. I would of course hate to see him go, hopefully he doesn't feel like he would need to travel elsewhere in search of a better opportunity for himself.
Banks did play extended (relatively speaking) minutes against Memphis (10) and Penn State (12), but this is more or less correct. His season high was 18 minutes against North Carolina A&T. Since Curry returned from his injury, he has played very little, and I have a feeling this is because Clark has been seeing increased use recently. Banks did not play at all against George Mason, Rhode Island, GW, or St. Bonaventure.

I have a feeling Banks will end up being in a Jairus Lyles situation. We're deep in the 1 and 2 positions this year, and Ace, Bones, and Clark can all run point. There's just too many people in front of him, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer. That being said, he's got a lot of potential, so he has a good chance of breaking out if he lands in a good spot.

Mar 2, 2014
Banks did play extended (relatively speaking) minutes against Memphis (10) and Penn State (12), but this is more or less correct. His season high was 18 minutes against North Carolina A&T. Since Curry returned from his injury, he has played very little, and I have a feeling this is because Clark has been seeing increased use recently. Banks did not play at all against George Mason, Rhode Island, GW, or St. Bonaventure.

I have a feeling Banks will end up being in a Jairus Lyles situation. We're deep in the 1 and 2 positions this year, and Ace, Bones, and Clark can all run point. There's just too many people in front of him, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer. That being said, he's got a lot of potential, so he has a good chance of breaking out if he lands in a good spot.
I am kind of worried that the folks ahead of him may transfer, especially if they can do so without sitting out. Coach Rhoades has a lot of folks that can play minutes. Getting 2 more next year plus JMac.