The Official Beat The Fayers of Dayton in The Animal Thread

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
I read that article yesterday and it confused the heck out of me. I visit A10Talk sometimes, just looking for articles about VCU and other A10 schools. This article was written directly from the POV of a Dayton homer and looked like it belonged on a message board, not a site that claims to want to present news about an entire conference. It's the same reason I'm starting to get annoyed at the "3 Bid League" podcast.
I like the 3 Bid League guys for the most part.
I think the best A10 media guy is Petey Buckets (currently Petey Pandemic on Twitter) from George Mason. He is really into analytics, he knows Mason is Mason, and he does not take any biases.

I also met him at the A10 tournament in 2019 after we lost to Rhody and he seemed down to earth.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
I think the best A10 media guy is Petey Buckets (currently Petey Pandemic on Twitter) from George Mason. He is really into analytics, he knows Mason is Mason, and he does not take any biases.

I also met him at the A10 tournament in 2019 after we lost to Rhody and he seemed down to earth.
Petey is all right. His takes are usually reasonable. He put out a pretty good summary of A10 “tiers” the other day that made a lot of sense.

Reactions: theyaintwantit

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
darn, Ram Cray. Another awesome blast from the past.
Speaking of blasts from the past, I definitely miss these 3 posters:

DC Duck - cause he was always cool.
World B Free - I know he had a medical emergency a few years ago, but last I heard he was doing okay. I met him at The Grill on Patterson one time and he told me that he sat on the front row for the FUR-VCU game in 2016 (Mo walk off dunk game) at The Robins Center and he heard Korey Billbury call Marshall Wood (skinny FUR swing man and VT transfer) a nancy-a$$ or something. I loved Korey.
Mistachill - I remember he had beef with some people on here maybe a year ago and he was talking a break. I love his Youtube videos.

Also - whatever happened to Morrisar ? I remember the whole Shaka to Marquette rumors in 2014 pissed him off, but I can't remember the exact reason.

Mar 2, 2014

World B Free - I know he had a medical emergency a few years ago, but last I heard he was doing okay. I met him at The Grill on Patterson one time and he told me that he sat on the front row for the FUR-VCU game in 2016 (Mo walk off dunk game) at The Robins Center and he heard Korey Billbury call Marshall Wood (skinny FUR swing man and VT transfer) a nancy-a$$ or something. I loved Korey.
Mistachill - I remember he had beef with some people on here maybe a year ago and he was talking a break. I love his Youtube videos.

Also - whatever happened to Morrisar ? I remember the whole Shaka to Marquette rumors in 2014 pissed him off, but I can't remember the exact reason.
I only remember Mistachill out of this group. I followed the forum a long time before I finally joined up, but not always that frequently. I tried to find the Mistachill post the other day when he said he was signing off immediately, but was unable to.

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
The main guy (Tyler?) is a bigtime Dayton homer who clearly is biased against VCU. He has some good takes, but in their preseason picks show he had VCU in the bottom four in the league, which was ridiculous. I was willing to let that go, but recently he's had some sillier takes. In the last episode, he did a long look at the VCU/Bonas game and RAVED about how the Bonnies had such an amazing game. C'mon. They had a subpar first half, and a really good second half. VCU, meanwhile, had a really good first half and completely fell apart in the second half. If you want to call the Bonnies second half amazing, I won't argue much, but if you just listened to him and didn't see the game, you would have thought the Bonnies dominated us for the whole game. The other guy on the show (Matt?) is also a Flyers fan, but he's much more reasonable in his takes.

I still listen to the show because there aren't many alternatives, but 3 Bid League is part of the reason I started working with George Templeton to launch the Rams Rewind podcast.

Nov 26, 2017
Im here and not going anywhere. There are going to be teams that the one size fits all is going to work! But what happens when it does not? That is where my concern is. You are not going to beat good teams nor will you win in the NCAA tournament if you are not willing to make adjustments. A few examples come to mind. Obviously the debacle against St. Bony the other night. Plain and simple they made adjustments at half time and we didn't. That's what good coaches do. We have not stopped Fats Russell yet but we keep doing the same thing over and over. When we played UCF in the tournament, we had 6'6" Sliva guarding their 7'6" center. Who in the world thought that would work??????? These are the type of things that bother me. Hey I'm as big of a VCU fan as anyone on this site and want them to win all the time and we surely have the talent to do it. I just don't believe this is the coach to get us over the hump.

Mercury

Top Member
Feb 20, 2009

Morrisar was one of the first internet trolls in VRN history. It's a shame because Andy was a cool dude in real life.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Morrisar was one of the first internet trolls in VRN history. It's a shame because Andy was a cool dude in real life.
I recall him being an a$$hole and a blowhard (edited for clarity :D )

World B Free would also post funny stories involving his odu loving vice principal....I hope he returns

@DC Duck was a fun crumudgeon who was a consistent user of the :? face...

Last edited:

GarseIronjade

Top Member
Nov 16, 2016
I recall him being either racist, sexist, or both....at least as a poster.

World B Free would also post funny stories involving his odu loving vice principal....I hope he returns

@DC Duck was a fun crumudgeon who was a consistent user of the :? face...
I don't thing you should call someone either of those things if you are not 100% sure of what you are talking about. The way you just said that, it appears you do not remember anything concrete.

Jan 23, 2011

Mistachill always brought the emotionless logic to the argument. I enjoyed watching him take apart screamers and people who jumped to conclusions. He seemed like that teacher you’d love and hate because he broke down your take and after you thought about it when you weren’t defensive, you realized he was prolly right.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
From my perspective Mistachill was a know-it-all that seemed to post a contrarian view or nit-pick details in nearly everyone of my posts. I found it very annoying.
Yep. He seemed pretty miserable honestly and thought his opinion was the end all be all. I imagine his avatar that he had pretty much summed up how we was most of the time. I think it’s funny that a bunch of them ran off to Twitter because they thought this place was toxic and couldn’t handle people disagreeing with them. Twitter is probably the biggest social media cesspool of all time. I do miss his YouTube videos though.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Im here and not going anywhere. There are going to be teams that the one size fits all is going to work! But what happens when it does not? That is where my concern is. You are not going to beat good teams nor will you win in the NCAA tournament if you are not willing to make adjustments. A few examples come to mind. Obviously the debacle against St. Bony the other night. Plain and simple they made adjustments at half time and we didn't. That's what good coaches do. We have not stopped Fats Russell yet but we keep doing the same thing over and over. When we played UCF in the tournament, we had 6'6" Sliva guarding their 7'6" center. Who in the world thought that would work??????? These are the type of things that bother me. Hey I'm as big of a VCU fan as anyone on this site and want them to win all the time and we surely have the talent to do it. I just don't believe this is the coach to get us over the hump.
So just to make sure I understand...we were up 40 to 25 at half against the Bonnies and we didn't make a halftime adjustment ....ah ok
Hindsight is so clear