The Official Beat The Fayers of Dayton in The Animal Thread

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
C'mon yall. I will ALWAYS enjoy watching our team play. Sports fans gotta take the good with the bad. That's life.
Ed Nixon said it best after the last game, this is when a team needs their fans the most. They have my full attention!
Let's get in there and stick it to the flyers!
Just wish I wasn't watching it on a tiny ass screen, LOL. TV is broken and seems it'll need a main board replacement. A youtube vid I saw makes me think I can do this.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
C'mon yall. I will ALWAYS enjoy watching our team play. Sports fans gotta take the good with the bad. That's life.
Ed Nixon said it best after the last game, this is when a team needs their fans the most. They have my full attention!
Let's get in there and stick it to the flyers!
Just wish I wasn't watching it on a tiny ass screen, LOL. TV is broken and seems it'll need a main board replacement. A youtube vid I saw makes me think I can do this.
I repaired our TV myself about 8 years ago. We’d had it for 1.5 years, and it went out. I was so mad, I thought I can’t break it more than it’s already broken. Found a YouTube video, ordered a soldering iron, and gave it a shot. It’s still going strong. Had to replace a blown capacitor. Turns out, Samsung put capacitors that were too small in the TV, so they blew easily. Good luck!

Reactions: rvaram and Newboy

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
I repaired our TV myself about 8 years ago. We’d had it for 1.5 years, and it went out. I was so mad, I thought I can’t break it more than it’s already broken. Found a YouTube video, ordered a soldering iron, and gave it a shot. It’s still going strong. Had to replace a blown capacitor. Turns out, Samsung put capacitors that were too small in the TV, so they blew easily. Good luck!
Video I had seen showed the same kinda thing, I admit, haven't done a lot of soldering, though. But this is the extact same thing, here... 1.5 years. The video showed a guy attempting to solder a chip, it not working, then just going ahead and doing the whole main board and it fired right up. Vizios use cheap parts too. From what I have learned they all do, and the larger the flat screen, the cheaper the parts used. That's why bigger screens go out before smaller ones. Long story but this was a warranty fulfillment and their replacement was a 75, a huge tv. Lots of screws. I can do this, though!

Reactions: SWV

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013

GAME DAY!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!
OK, time to play a full game, keep the foot on the throat, and all that stuff.....
Or, time to put the BIG BOY PANTS ON, learn some lessons, stop being quite such a "young team," and start growing up today!

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Video I had seen showed the same kinda thing, I admit, haven't a lot of soldering, though. But this is the extact same thing, here... 1.5 years. The video showed a guy attempting to solder a chip, it not working, then just going ahead and doing the whole main board and it fired right up. Vizios use cheap parts too. From what I have learned they all do, and the larger the flat screen, the cheaper the parts used. That's why bigger screens go out before smaller ones. Long story but this was a warranty fulfillment and their replacement was a 75, a huge tv. Lots of screws. I can do this, though!
I had never soldered before either. It’s not pretty, but it works, and no one sees the soldering any way. Also, you can’t break it worse! You can do it!

• Love
Reactions: MobileMunchies

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
For some reason they seem to think we are the better squad. Time to show them they are correct.

Whooo Hoo! Time to get on my Basketball Jones!
Well...if you assume Dayton will play like they did at Fordham shouldn’t the line be even higher?

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2