The Official Beat the FU Rams in NYC for 2019 Thread

isthisthedagger

Top Member
Oct 29, 2014
I know the gym is historical, etc. but there were some strange quirks when I drove up last year. They don't scan tickets because the concession stands and only bathroom are located outside of the actual gym in the lobby, so you have to re-enter/show your ticket every time you need to go. Also, the only way onto the court from the locker rooms is via the main entrance, so players and all fans share the same route to the court. Would definitely be a security issue if people actually attended the games. Still a neat experience if you can go -- NYC VCU Alumni event before the game was cool too.

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2

Milk Lizard

Top Member
Jul 29, 2017
Early line from Vegas has VCU as a 6.5 point favorite.

That seems low. Scares me. Even without black and gold glasses, seems like an easy call for us to cover.

Vegas ain't a bunch of dummies...what do they know that we don't?

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
That seems low. Scares me. Even without black and gold glasses, seems like an easy call for us to cover.

Vegas ain't a bunch of dummies...what do they know that we don't?

6.5 points is a pretty decent line against a 9-4 team in their "gym". I doubt Vegas actually knows what a cupcake schedule Fordham has played - and VCU was picked preseason #7 in the A10. Plus Lunardi has fmason winning the A10. :lol::roll::lol:

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
6.5 points is a pretty decent line against a 9-4 team in their "gym". I doubt Vegas actually knows what a cupcake schedule Fordham has played - and VCU was picked preseason #7 in the A10. Plus Lunardi has fmason winning the A10. :lol::roll::lol:
I think I saw where Lunardi actually said his software automatically spits out the 1st place team early in the season, and since Mason is alone at 1-0, that could be the case.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
I know the gym is historical, etc. but there were some strange quirks when I drove up last year. They don't scan tickets because the concession stands and only bathroom are located outside of the actual gym in the lobby, so you have to re-enter/show your ticket every time you need to go. Also, the only way onto the court from the locker rooms is via the main entrance, so players and all fans share the same route to the court. Would definitely be a security issue if people actually attended the games. Still a neat experience if you can go -- NYC VCU Alumni event before the game was cool too.
With my prostate problems that could be a problem.

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Where's the pre-game? I'm there! Don't want to miss a beer and some pre game munchies.

Grand Central via train! 45 minutes from Penn Station and plenty of time to tip a good brew if I can find a good place! OK Blue Goose Tavern it is unless someone from our friendly NYC VRN club chimes in with some place different.

Dang, the FB page for the NYC chapter is fresh out of members posting. No one is there. A VCU staff member is the only one home on that page...sheesh. Apparently if you want to see them you'll have to happen to go where they are. I'll find my perfect pre-game place myself. To the Bronx!!!

Last edited:

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
1JMWa-1461171702-3463-list_items-computers_voyage.gif

Let's see.... insert the thingamabob in the thingamajig, connect it to the whatchamacallit.... and..... voila! ESPN+ on the ol' television!!!
GAME DAY!!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!!

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
FORDHAM-gameday-main-0105.jpg

TV: CBS 6 WTVR - Robby Robinson (play-by-play) and Rodney Ashby (color)
ONLINE: ESPN+https://www.facebook.com/StadiumCollegeBasketball/videos/802354016618023/
RADIO: Ram Radio (Fox Sports 910 & BIG 98.5) l Listenhttp://www.statbroadcast.com/events/tournament.php?tid=555
LIVE STATS: Sidearm
TWITTER: @VCU_Hoops l @VCUscores l @VCUHorns l @VCUAthletics

ABOUT THE VCU RAMS (9-4, 0-0 ATLANTIC 10)
Roster l Schedule l Statistics l Game Notes l @VCU_Hoops

ABOUT THE FORDHAM RAMS (9-4, 0-0 ATLANTIC 10)
Roster l Schedule l Statistics l Game Notes l @FordhamMBB

http://vcuathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/releases/20181030ewjmo4