The Official beat The Georgetown Hoyas in Puerto Rico

Ramcounter

Elite Member
Huge game. We are 1 point dogs with a 48% chance to win according to kenpom. We have to win this to keep our top 25 ranking. Oh, and it is George Town.

12UConnBasketball

Elite Member
Man- Another super tough game. Wow. This tournament h as been brutal. And it's not even over yet. I really hope this helps to prepare us for the remainder of the season. This has been a very difficult first 2 weeks of the season. Hopefully, it makes them tough as nails for the duration. This will be real tough. But we need this win. Bad. Then we can get back home, get into FSG, and get this thing right. Come on boys- let's find a way.

Good post and spot on. JMHO

VCU needs this game to escape this tourney 2-1. Beating Georgetown will take solid effort on a neutral court (at this stage of the season for VCU). It is a seeding preservation game.

Also the comment about "and get this right" carries quite a bit of weight in relation to the concept that seasons are marathons not sprints.

As Kevin Ollie puts it "Ollieism" as it would relate to VCU...it is time to get back to the "LAB" and work on things to make VCU the team it can be. Shaka is the lab professor. Enjoy the process. I trust Shaka Smart.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
I haven't read the board since Thursday and I don't intend to go back and read what's been said. This bi-polar board can get just brutal when we lose, and particularly so when the loss itself is brutal.

So. Moving on. We can't win FL State now but there is so much VCU can accomplish with a win on Sunday. The bad taste left after 2 sub-par performances can be useful if we crush the Hoyas, and I say that is precisely what is going to happen.

Tough battle to beat the Hoyas but can be done days rest will help some but we have to shoot better, rebound and play our butts off on the defensive side. Loose this one we drop out of the top 25. Go Rams.

Ramdog

Elite Member
Tough battle to beat the Hoyas but can be done days rest will help some but we have to shoot better, rebound and play our butts off on the defensive side. Loose this one we drop out of the top 25. Go Rams.

# 10 to out in one week would be very very painful...might set a record that would never be broken

Big Game even if its for 5th place. Beating GTown helps recruiting and national level of respect is always gained after you beat a program of there caliber even if they arent as good as usual this year.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Pav will get the job done! Nothing like playing in front of what amounts to a small high school crowd.
Thought a lot about this last night. WHY is this tourney being played in a place where the crowd doesn't amount to anything but a few select people wealthy enough to afford to fly to and stay in PR to watch a game? I mean bless their hearts they went and cheered last night (well, at that too), but... when PR residents themselves do not go (obviously) to these games, what use is it to fly entire teams to such a place for such a thing? It has GOT to be hard on these teams going from entire arenas, coliseums, and stadiums full of people to what probably feels like a mere practice in front of a handful of people, while the place is also guarded by heavily armed soldiers (did anyone get a glimpse of these soldier looking dudes behind the RAMS in these games, with big guns strapped to their legs????)--- can you spell W E I R D ???? I mean, it is freaking bizarre, isn't it? Our guys are not used to such environments at all.

Thought a lot about this last night. WHY is this tourney being played in a place where the crowd doesn't amount to anything but a few select people wealthy enough to afford to fly to and stay in PR to watch a game? I mean bless their hearts they went and cheered last night (well, at that too), but... when PR residents themselves do not go (obviously) to these games, what use is it to fly entire teams to such a place for such a thing? It has GOT to be hard on these teams going from entire arenas, coliseums, and stadiums full of people to what probably feels like a mere practice in front of a handful of people, while the place is also guarded by heavily armed soldiers (did anyone get a glimpse of these soldier looking dudes behind the RAMS in these games, with big guns strapped to their legs????)--- can you spell W E I R D ???? I mean, it is freaking bizarre, isn't it? Our guys are not used to such environments at all.
This is why Puerto Rico is not a State. Been there. Wouldn't waste a dime going there. It's no wonder few people wanted to travel there. It's like what Cuba would be if it was owned by the US. I give all the credit in the world for the Ram faithful that have showed up and made the only fan impact of any team there. Just awesome. Let's have this thing in St. Croix or the Dominican next year and see who shows up!

vcu70

Elite Member
First, it seems our guys are having trouble adjusting to shooting in this arena. We have not shot well in warm ups.

All their police here wear bullet proof vests and carry guns. Talking to one of them, there is a normal amount of petty crimes here but lots of violent crimes in some places. I much appreciate there presence here in the hotel area of San Juan. I really do feel safe.