The Official Beat the GooMoo Patsies on Senior Night Thread

honestly, I feel like the rivalry with ODU has faded and faded. U of R vs VCU is strong as ever & other than the slight ribbing of one another, there seems to be a genuine mutual respect for talent and ability.

BUT
GMU & VCU shouldn't need anytime to get reacclimatized to familiar feelings (and I sure don't) . Just put on the tape of those losers running on the court to 'practice' while big daddy burgess was getting his due. what happened? that's right, we put a licking on those LOSERS. I freaking hate GMU 4 ever. just the pits that place GMU. I hope we stomp on their hearts. I hope Emerson Burke scores 4 pts and blocks that rock of goodness all the way back up 95 to the pit of blandness that team calls home. UGH

vcurams05

Elite Member
I'm ready to get this A-10 party started. No better way than to baptize an old foe and new member!

BigE

Elite Member
actually I hate their fans more than the team
remember on the Zone when they hacked into our players Facebook accounts
and showed some party pictures with their own captions?

ViCtorioUs

Elite Member
Insider
actually I hate their fans more than the team
remember on the Zone when they hacked into our players Facebook accounts
and showed some party pictures with their own captions?
TweederGMU

I really dislike Mason. Not gonna lie. It's mostly because of the loads of douchebag fans from the old caazone.

Unfair to judge based on that, I know, but still. I hate that we share a conference with them.

It's not unfair. The ones at the Patriot Center are douchebags too. Quite a few of us remember how were treated last time we were there.

So I say F them.

RamBo

Elite Member
Obviously there are more important opponents than the GooMoos, but is there anything more gratifying than giving them the beat down they so richly deserve?
Only thing more gratifying is beating down ODU. And UNYNJ-R. But yes. Very gratifying. They dsigust me. In many ways, they discgust me even more than Odius-U.

RamBo

Elite Member
Every game vs fgmu will be revenge for senior night. Hate 'em. Hate their coach that told the it was ok to act like asshats.
Every time we play them it should be an epic beat down
Preach on Pdal!! :ugeek:

buckwheat

Elite Member
Only thing more gratifying is beating down ODU. And UNYNJ-R. But yes. Very gratifying. They dsigust me. In many ways, they discgust me even more than Odius-U.

While there were always some awful odu and vcu fan exchanges, I always felt there was a mutual respect overall. You could kind of tell that even the nasty comments were mostly tongue in cheek, even uttered from the worst of both sides.

With gmu it always seemed different, almost a sincere and genuine tone to their nastiness. There were absolutely racist undertones to MANY things said. Making fun of Joey Rodriguez for being Hispanic is one example of many.

And it's strange, because I rarely get into the whole "whose fan base is worse" type nonsense, but those people were just brutal.

I agree Buckwheat...heck they make racist comments about their own players...their arrogance is palpable.

david coxxx

Elite Member
Anyone have the picture of the GMU players looking back only to be waived on to the court during brad's ceremony?

Watched the 2nd half last night after the Rams win of a Comcast repeat of the gmu-penn game from Thurs. night.
Senior guards Wright and Allen will push it up the floor very quickly and can hit from outside...but, other than that...gmu had an awful first half and barely hung on to beat lowly Penn at home by 3. gmu has very little size inside.

RamBo

Elite Member
GMU Sux. Period. Everything about them sux. They want to be like us. They never will. And it kills them. Sure- they had a nice Final-4 run. It was legit too. Doesn't matter- they still envy us. They have for 40 years. Always have. Always will. Nothing will ever change that. And also........ .......... they suck.