The Official Beat the GooMoos (Again) in the Animal Thread

Love2Ram

Top Member
Feb 25, 2011
We were absolutely destroyed on the boards and I honestly don't know why I would expect anything other. For whatever reason our starters, outside of Santos-Silva, are not known for banging under the glass. Our length doesn't seem to make up for the shortcomings in the paint. I do wonder if someone like McCallister doesn't improve the rebound margin on a night when points are hard to come by. We've had smaller lineups but I can't recall a worse VCU team than the one we have now when it comes to rebounding.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Guys need to figure out that 70% doesn’t get you 99% effort results. Watched a lot of Rec ball in the first and second half. It’s a real shame. I really thought this team was getting their sh!t straight.
They kept on saying that everytime we had a big win. The only problem was that all those "getting their sh!t straight" comments came after giving a beat down to teams in the bottom half of the league....LaSalle, St. Joes, Davidson. We can't get out sh!t together against those team.....those are teams we are supposed to beat. You have to do that against Rhody or a Dayton or a Wichita St.
After the Purdue loss, I never felt this team rising to the occasion in any games we played since then. We beat teams we were supposed to beat and lost to teams we were expected to lose to....until tonight.
That doesn't mean I think we are a bad team....but we are a mid #4-#6 level A10 team. Team needs to sit down and think about how over the next 3-4 weeks they can prepare for the a possible NIT bid and how they can show they've finally come together. I can't put all the blame on the coach when the majority of the plays either don't take any shots or they don't hit the shots they take. Again, we are so jekyll and hyde on this. Earlier this year it was the bench that was outscoring the seniors. Now we have seniors who hit but some of them seem to take and entire half off on the offensive end and then decide to get baskets in the second half or when there is a sense of urgency. Heck, the sense of urgency needs to start as to as the ball goes up at the tip to start the game!

mrA10

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
That got under my skin a little. Like I said, it was like they just expected Mason to lay down and hand them the game at some point.
That's my impression. Seen it too many times this year. We play like garbage with no effort expecting the other team to get tired. That piss poor game plan has resulted in too many close calls and tonight it ruined our season.

Reactions: SWV and RamFanatic
Feb 16, 2017
That's my impression. Seen it too many times this year. We play like garbage with no effort expecting the other team to get tired. That piss poor game plan has resulted in too many close calls and tonight it ruined our season.
Absolutely. This is unacceptable.

Reactions: mrA10

Finance Ram 10

Top Member
Jan 11, 2013
No accountability from coach in the post game... bet he continues to not start Bones.

Very disappointed/concerned/deflated overall.

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
Too much Top Golf and not enough BDC. Time to run practices at Thompson Middle School outside for a week or two. We’ve turned our Broad St Bullies into Caviar eating powder puffs.
Their play against URI and now against GMU grounds Cox’s assessment that so many were up in arms about him making. When I heard the announcer say how VCU was playing almost no defense inside I knew it was over .