The Official Beat the GooMoos (Again) in the Animal Thread

May 4, 2012
hate to say it..but I dont think we are good enough to make it to the nit this year... we are lucky to win 3 games the rest of the way.

but I can live with it...life is too short to be upset about this.
Yeah thats possible. Very back end heavy this year. If we nail Fur nit, if not....

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
a million dollar coach and 1 ncaa tourney ...you fans wanted the long term coach lol Rhoades was a great asst but head coaching way over his head.
Why is it, that you have not shown up all season long and then all of a sudden show up to punk us when we sh!t the bed against the one single team we should have beaten this year but end up losing?
I mean, I am a Ram fan and am upset about about losing this game. But your moniker is in complete opposition to everything you have posted about VCU for the last several years.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
They kept on saying that everytime we had a big win. The only problem was that all those "getting their sh!t straight" comments came after giving a beat down to teams in the bottom half of the league....LaSalle, St. Joes, Davidson. We can't get out sh!t together against those team.....those are teams we are supposed to beat. You have to do that against Rhody or a Dayton or a Wichita St.
After the Purdue loss, I never felt this team rising to the occasion in any games we played since then. We beat teams we were supposed to beat and lost to teams we were expected to lose to....until tonight.
That doesn't mean I think we are a bad team....but we are a mid #4-#6 level A10 team. Team needs to sit down and think about how over the next 3-4 weeks they can prepare for the a possible NIT bid and how they can show they've finally come together. I can't put all the blame on the coach when the majority of the plays either don't take any shots or they don't hit the shots they take. Again, we are so jekyll and hyde on this. Earlier this year it was the bench that was outscoring the seniors. Now we have seniors who hit but some of them seem to take and entire half off on the offensive end and then decide to get baskets in the second half or when there is a sense of urgency. Heck, the sense of urgency needs to start as to as the ball goes up at the tip to start the game!
I never liked Monday morning quarterbacking, but when your team is lacking effort, playing with no sense of urgency, you need to throw some guys in there who will, even if they're not as good as the players they're replacing. We've had some games where the young guys had an affect on the game. I thought that's why we gave them some burn earlier in the season.

Again, I realize this is hindsight, but given the lack of effort I don't see why Ward, McAllister, and Clark weren't given a chance to try and make some noise.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Why is it, that you have not shown up all season long and then all of a sudden show up to punk us when we sh!t the bed against the one single team we should have beaten this year but end up losing?
I mean, I am a Ram fan and am upset about about losing this game. But your moniker is in complete opposition to everything you have posted about VCU for the last several years.
He’s a Spider fan.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
And that's on coaching, right? Don't get me wrong, I'm not ready by any means to throw MR under the bus, but I find I'm shaking my head at some of his lineups.
I just think every 4 minutes there does not have to be subs. They were killing VCU on the boards. At one point in the 1st half I could not figure out the line up with Ward having to deal with things on his own and Hyland leading a group with not much experience. Then in the 2nd half Simms in subbed in and begins to get torched by bigger guys. I just do not understand the subbing patterns. Regardless it was pathetic and at this point the next 3 games are a bear and they let this one go in front of a home crowd. Disappointing does not begin to describe it.

Feb 16, 2017
He may not have a choice. Evans was not looking good. May be the hyland crow show for a few games
Then maybe we need to consider finding a replacement. It may be a bit of an overreaction, but the same patterns as what lead to tonight points to coaching.

Jan 17, 2010
I never liked Monday morning quarterbacking, but when your team is lacking effort, playing with no sense of urgency, you need to throw some guys in there who will, even if they're not as good as the players they're replacing. We've had some games where the young guys had an affect on the game. I thought that's why we gave them some burn earlier in the season.

Again, I realize this is hindsight, but given the lack of effort I don't see why Ward, McAllister, and Clark weren't given a chance to try and make some noise.
Can’t believe I’m about to praise UMASS but McCall after not seeing his starters fight in the first two or three minutes, benched all of them and it certainly lit a fire under them while they watched the second team play tough. Wish coach would sometimes let someone like McCallister or Ward get some run when the seniors are piddle paddling around. Jacking up threes when they could’ve worked harder to get it to MSS is unacceptable.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010

Because when they were in during the first half is when Mason made the initial run that changed the game. On those guys early on Mason went on a 12-2 run. No one played hard.

I do get your point, about putting in guys who will go after it, regardless of the score.