The Official Beat the GooMoos (Again) in the Animal Thread

Nov 28, 2011
I never liked Monday morning quarterbacking, but when your team is lacking effort, playing with no sense of urgency, you need to throw some guys in there who will, even if they're not as good as the players they're replacing. We've had some games where the young guys had an affect on the game. I thought that's why we gave them some burn earlier in the season.

Again, I realize this is hindsight, but given the lack of effort I don't see why Ward, McAllister, and Clark weren't given a chance to try and make some noise.
Screaming that all night.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Can’t believe I’m about to praise UMASS but McCall after not seeing his starters fight in the first two or three minutes, benched all of them and it certainly lit a fire under them while they watched the second team play tough. Wish coach would sometimes let someone like McCallister or Ward get some run when the seniors are piddle paddling around. Jacking up threes when they could’ve worked harder to get it to MSS is unacceptable.
Its not as if everyone on the floor didnt played a part in this awful showing. It wasn't just the Seniors. I agree with you, why not let a guy like McCallister, Ward, or even Clark get in if not to just go out there and hustle it up?.

However, as stated it wasn't just the Seniors, Freshman Bones Jacked up 9 3's and was only 1-6 when he then hit two in a row. Yes, Mike'L was 0-4, E and vans was 0-4. However, DJ was 2-3, IV 1-1, and Crow didnt attempt a 3. As a trio they are 3-4 from deep. So its not as if those guys were Jacking up 3's as a group they weren't.

Over all IV, DJ, and Crow were 11-16 from the floor 6-7 from the line, had 6 of the 14 assists, and 3 of the 11 steals. They were efficient they just didnt go as hard as Seniors should have. Heck they should have shot more.

Bones was just 3-11 with 4 steals, and 4 assists in 22 minutes. If anyone had a down game it was MSS he shouldn't gotten more than 7 boards and he shot 4-10 from the floor with just 3-9 from the free throw line. He's gotta do better. We can't get you the ball cool, do other things. We know he can rebound when he is focused.

Finally, Bones played starters minutes. ME played just 18. Bones played 22.

Last edited:

mrA10

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
We may never know, but I’d sure love to know what the issues were with this team. Beyond mystifying to me.
It's much more than a few injuries here and there. That's for certain.
whatever/whoever the virus is, coach needs to bench it and move on with people who can overcome infantile mental issues.

Finance Ram 10

Top Member
Jan 11, 2013
We had 5 players with a positive +/- tonight, which could be a decent starting line-up, Jenkins(8), Vann(7), Santos-Silva(8), Hyland(3), and Williams(13). Efficiency rates reflect the same set of players.

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
So padlock the BDC and make the boys practice on the blacktops at Gilpin Court until they lose the softness they’ve acquired by playing in one of the best practice facilities in the country and have Mike and his staff lead then on the runs both there and back to campus

Reactions: ssvcu90

Finance Ram 10

Top Member
Jan 11, 2013
So padlock the BDC and make the boys practice on the blacktops at Gilpin Court until they lose the softness they’ve acquired by playing in one of the best practice facilities in the country and have Mike and his staff lead then on the runs both there and back to campus
Coach needs to do suicide sprints until he throws up. He's the one who really phucked up tonight.

Reactions: RamFanatic