The Official Beat the GooMoos (Again) in the Animal Thread

mrA10

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Really? What's a "long time?" Since 2013? I can rattle off a ton of worse losses off the dome easily.
Let's not start questioning fandom or length of service here. Let's just say I remember the Metro and Sunbelt days.
We could probably have a good debate about many bad games, but this one will sting as much as any of them.
What other season did we expect so much, then see it all end due 40 minutes of effortless piss poor play?

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Let's not start questioning fandom or length of service here. Let's just say I remember the Metro and Sunbelt days.
We could probably have a good debate about many bad games, but this one will sting as much as any of them.
What other season did we expect so much, then see it all end due 40 minutes of effortless piss poor play?
I was not aware that our season ended. Can you give me a shout in October when the B&G game is played?

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
Maybe we’ll get lucky and get an invite to play in the NIT? Keep the post season hope alive....

thelonious_chunk

Top Member
Jun 17, 2014
What??? It’s hard to even take this seriously LOL
Well I trust my instinct to recognize a winner, and I chose to wait three years to make up my mind. My instinct has said the same thing since year one. I don’t think he has what it takes. My opinion matters as much as the breeze passing by, or probably even less, but there it is.

Apr 20, 2009
Sounds like some of y'all want MR to throw the team under the bus in a presser. It's not like he didn't tell them his thoughts in the locker room after the game and that's where it should be done. I still love this program, our team, and MR leading it. I'm resigned to accepting that except for LSU we haven't beaten a team that can get in as an at large. If we make the dance, we're just going to be one and done.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Well I trust my instinct to recognize a winner, and I chose to wait three years to make up my mind. My instinct has said the same thing since year one. I don’t think he has what it takes. My opinion matters as much as the breeze passing by, or even less, but there it is.
Though I disagree with your opinion, I respect that fact that you as a fan realize that your opinion does not really matter. The sports world needs more people like you.

Reactions: mrgeode

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
I’ll pile on and blame this one on coach. I’m looking for him to learn and grow from this. In the first half, we went to the diamond press with Vince at the head and it rattled Mason. We didn’t bring that back until late in the 2nd half. They should’ve started the 2nd half with it in my opinion. It sort of goes back to the hot hand mentality. You find the lineup that had the most success in the first half with the “army” approach (side note, lame term, never been a fan of military analogies to sports) and you start the 2nd half with that line. I like to see a lot of guys play, in the first half. In the 2nd half, screw that, secure the victory, then have your substitution fun.