The Official Beat the GooMoos (Again) in the Animal Thread

Jan 15, 2020
I’ll just say it-

If my team performed like that yesterday you wouldn’t have left Siegel. You would be running Miracle movie type sprints until you fell over and understand who you play for and what school you represent. I don’t care if I go blue in the face blowing a whistle all night.

(I don’t know I’ve ever seen a less inspired VCU performance in all my years of following VCU. I’ve seen us play bad or just overmatched but to not care is a completely different matter. No less at home. Unacceptable.)

Reactions: mrA10

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
It’s so strange to me that MR was such a fundamental player and then coached fundamentals/pack kind D at Macon with success. Then he gets to D1 and goes the complete opposite. I truly don’t understand.

Reactions: northernvatiger

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
It’s unfortunate that there really has been zero progression throughout the year. We keep waiting for that breakout game where it all clicks but that hasn’t happened. We are who we are and that’s not a good sound basketball team.
That's why I think we need to make some changes. Maybe have a quick hook if it doesn't work, but Evans and Vann need to come off the bench. I also wouldn't mind trying Ward instead of Douglas.

Go with Bones, Curry, DJ, MSS, Ward or Williams. If nothing else I would imagine we start the game with some energy. Give it a couple minutes and if it doesn't work go back to Vann and Evans. You may have the dual affect of maybe lighting a fire under those two. Who knows?

Ramwitch

Top Member
Dec 2, 2014
I’ll just say it-

If my team performed like that yesterday you wouldn’t have left Siegel. You would be running Miracle movie type sprints until you fell over and understand who you play for and what school you represent. I don’t care if I go blue in the face blowing a whistle all night.

(I don’t know I’ve ever seen a less inspired VCU performance in all my years of following VCU. I’ve seen us play bad or just overmatched but to not care is a completely different matter. No less at home. Unacceptable.)
Last night sucked, but I’d say being blown out by Richmond at home two years ago was worse. Didn’t even attempt to make a comeback. Granted, we had zero hope that season. Last night took most of our hope away with a preseason top 25 team

Reactions: northernvatiger
Apr 21, 2009
That's why I think we need to make some changes. Maybe have a quick hook if it doesn't work, but Evans and Vann need to come off the bench. I also wouldn't mind trying Ward instead of Douglas.

Go with Bones, Curry, DJ, MSS, Ward or Williams. If nothing else I would imagine we start the game with some energy. Give it a couple minutes and if it doesn't work go back to Vann and Evans. You may have the dual affect of maybe lighting a fire under those two. Who knows?
It can't hurt, that's for sure.

NCRam

Top Member
Feb 23, 2013
Man I wish we were playing GW and Fordham in the next couple of games instead of UR on the road and Dayton. MR needs to implement some changes but I'm not sure these are the games to do it.
I'm not sure what those changes would be. Obviously folks want to see more Tre and JM but, you still have to sub in those started last night. It's about effort as a team. Last we had no effort as a team.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
The good news is we are not the worst rebounding team in the country... probably 4 or 5 that are worse

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I’ll just say it-

Evidently you weren't at the Michael Doles game against UNCW in 2005. A lot of people left, but I hung around to witness the miracle (though I admit I left my seat and was watching from the concourse near the exits).

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
No, I'm 100% certain Henderson stripped him. In fact, I have it on my youtube channel:
Fast forward to about 1:56. Johnson was guarding him but Henderson made the "absolutely impossible to execute without fouling" strip from behind.
You are right. I hated that game. My dad fought some ODU asshat outside of The Stu that night.

Reactions: 92VCUpikapp

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I'm not sure what those changes would be. Obviously folks want to see more Tre and JM but, you still have to sub in those started last night. It's about effort as a team. Last we had no effort as a team.
I guess I'm desperate, but I'm advocating trying Bones, Curry, DJ, MSS, and Ward to start the game. May be a disaster, may give us a boost for a change to start the game.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
I guess I'm desperate, but I'm advocating trying Bones, Curry, DJ, MSS, and Ward to start the game. May be a disaster, may give us a boost for a change to start the game.
How could it hurt, honestly?

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Evidently you weren't at the Michael Doles game against UNCW in 2005. A lot of people left, but I hung around to witness the miracle (though I admit I left my seat and was watching from the concourse near the exits).
"And they got the ball back, Doles will try it again. Three!!!! We're Tied!"

Has there ever been a more athletic VCU player that was as bad at basketball as Renardo Dixon was?