The Official Beat the GW Colonials in the Stu Thread

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
If we lose this one at home I’m storming the court
FWIW—If there is any serious consideration on the team to make a run at the A10 tourney, losing out is the best strategy, we‘d most likely end up in the 10 spot—but worst case is 11(only if Mason won out) Both seeds put us opposite of Dayton.

i guess you could say, we control our own destiny.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
FWIW—If there is any serious consideration on the team to make a run at the A10 tourney, losing out is the best strategy, we‘d most likely end up in the 10 spot—but worst case is 11(only if Mason won out) Both seeds put us opposite of Dayton.

i guess you could say, we control our own destiny.
Whatever they can do to get away from Dayton until late would be nice. I really wanna go up for a game (or more hopefully).

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
I just figured out the whole light the Stu thing with the cell phones. ( No way I would download that btw). We are all going to simulate burning the February Calendar just as Shaka did in 2011. I am thinking that there are at least 7,000 people who would like to burn the last month of the season .

Reactions: mrgeode
Dec 2, 2012
Look guys I have to say we are lacking in perspective.

When we were in the CAA, the Metro, and the Sunbelt, by and large we were in a much smaller pond.

Are you going to be unhappy when VCU loses, and all you care about is winning some games?

Because the CAA would take us back, or we could drop down to the SoCon and have a big rivalry with Liberty if that's what you want.

But that's not what we are doing, we are in with the big boys now, and when you run with the big dogs you're going to get trampled, on occasion.

Everyone is blaming MR for the "collapse", but the reason we seem to have fallen so far is because he had us up so far before.

We all thought the seniors were just going to play great defense again, none of us saw that all the players would get hurt, fall off, or have whatever breakdown.

Everything we are going though now, the top teams in the A10 are one rolled ankle away from having happen.
Think of every team in the league, think of the leader of that team, now imagine that team with the top dog hurt.
At this level, no team can survive those kinds of injury and keep going at a high level.

It sucks, and it has taken some of the joy out of my life, too.

But let's try to make the best of things, and let's support the kids willing and able to play.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Look guys I have to say we are lacking in perspective.

When we were in the CAA, the Metro, and the Sunbelt, by and large we were in a much smaller pond.

Are you going to be unhappy when VCU loses, and all you care about is winning some games?

Because the CAA would take us back, or we could drop down to the SoCon and have a big rivalry with Liberty if that's what you want.

But that's not what we are doing, we are in with the big boys now, and when you run with the big dogs you're going to get trampled, on occasion.

Everyone is blaming MR for the "collapse", but the reason we seem to have fallen so far is because he had us up so far before.

We all thought the seniors were just going to play great defense again, none of us saw that all the players would get hurt, fall off, or have whatever breakdown.

Everything we are going though now, the top teams in the A10 are one rolled ankle away from having happen.
Think of every team in the league, think of the leader of that team, now imagine that team with the top dog hurt.
At this level, no team can survive those kinds of injury and keep going at a high level.

It sucks, and it has taken some of the joy out of my life, too.

But let's try to make the best of things, and let's support the kids willing and able to play.

Not buying this for one second. In general, a team absolutely has to have depth at the pg position, and this is even more true when you starting pg has a history of being injured. Last year, our backup pgs were Byrd and Crowfield, which with all due respect, meant we didn't have a legitimate backup. So this year we bring in Bones, and while he's great, he's still just a freshman.

A similar lack of depth has hurt us at the 5 position. At the end of the day, this staff has failed to put together a team with sufficient depth at the 1 and 5 positions, which is why the injuries have been so catastrophic. Instead, our roster is filled with too many wings.

Let's stop acting like we just got unlucky this year.

Rammit

Top Member
Apr 9, 2015
The most entertaining part of home games are when the servepro floor moppers attempt half court shots before the start of the game and at halftime. The air generated by them moving around keeps the floor dry.

Dec 2, 2012
Not buying this for one second. In general, a team absolutely has to have depth at the pg position, and this is even more true when you starting pg has a history of being injured. Last year, our backup pgs were Byrd and Crowfield, which with all due respect, meant we didn't have a legitimate backup. So this year we bring in Bones, and while he's great, he's still just a freshman.

A similar lack of depth has hurt us at the 5 position. At the end of the day, this staff has failed to put together a team with sufficient depth at the 1 and 5 positions, which is why the injuries have been so catastrophic. Instead, our roster is filled with too many wings.

Let's stop acting like we just got unlucky this year.
Please list all the A10 teams that could lose the top point guard , and have an injury to the the top big, and not miss a beat.
I'll wait.

Reactions: SteveMM